03. different

Nina looked at the boy, thought for a moment, but then grabbed his hand. He helped her stand up. Ricky looked at the girl in front of him. He saw her brown long hair and brown eyes that didn't look at him. He admitted... she was pretty, she was his type and he didn't know why but he was a little nervous around her. This had never happened to him before. He is the Richard Bowen, a teenage superstar, all the girls are in love with, and every girl would do anything to at least talk to him. But he didn't know yet that he had just met a girl who was different from the others.

"Are you okay?" Ricky broke the silence between them. 

"Do I look okay?" she answered with another question as she looked at him angrily. The boy did not understand why she was like that, every other girl he met immediately smiled and asked for a photo.

"Um, you- are you hurt?" he tried to be nice again.  

"No. I normally bleed from my knee and elbow." she replied sarcastically. Ricky looked confused at the unknown girl. She didn't behave like everyone else, and that was unusual for him.

Nina had no idea who she was talking to. Of course she knew what Richard Bowen looked like, but she didn't really look at the boy standing in front of her, so she didn't recognize him.

"I am really sorry." 

"Yeah, well maybe next time look where you're going!" After this sentence, she finally looked into the eyes of the person she was having a conversation with. And she immediately felt like she had seen those eyes somewhere before. "Wait... aren't you Richa-"

Nina was interrupted by his hand as he placed it on her mouth. Then he looked around at the people to see if anyone could hear them. There were a lot of people around them, so he decided they had to move to some place with more privacy. He grabbed her hand and began to walk somewhere else.

"Hey! Hey what the hell are you doing?!" she shouted as she was forced to follow him. "Where are we going??"

Once they stopped the brunette looks around. She saw a dark place, a narrow street behind some shop.

"Is this when you murder me or what?" she looked at him in confusion.

"Look, yes it's me Richard." curly boy whispered in reply to the last question. "And yes, I'll take a picture with you and I will give you an autograph, but I'm trying not to let anyone recognize me, so please don't say my name."

"I don't want any photo or your stupid autograph. I was just asking..."

"Yeah,  right.." he laughed. "So what do you want to sign?"

"I don't want to sign anything! Are you even listening to me?!!"

"Be quite!" he said as he placed his hand on her mouth again.

"Put your hand away otherwise you won't have a hand in three minutes." she muttered.

It scared Ricky a little, so he decided to make her wish come true. He slowly put his hand away. "So what do you want, huh? VIP tickets to my next concert?"

"And waste two hours of my life so that I can listen to your bad singing?" Nina rolled her eyes. "No, thanks." 

"Sorry, what?"

"I'm not your fan!" she tried to explain. "I know it must be hard for you to understand, but not everyone on earth loves you. I am the living proof of that."

Ricky was shocked. He had never met anyone who would talk to him like that. He thought it was disrespectful but he kinda liked it. For the first time in his life, someone is talking to him not just because of his name and not caring about the number of followers on his instagram. She was different.

"All right.." he said slowly and awkwardly. "Okay, I see you're hurt, please let me take you home, I'll just call my driver. It's the least I can do."

"No way! I should go to the car with some stranger??"

"Technically, you know who I am so I'm not a stranger." Richard smiled.

"It doesn't matter. I'm not going to the same car with you." she shook her head.

"Oh come on," he sighed. "I swear I'm not a murderer!"

"And that's exactly what murderer would say!"

"Okay... You don't want to go with a stranger, correct?" he asked her and she nodded. "Well... hi I'm Richard Bowen but you can call me Ricky."

"So you still go by Ricky, huh?" Nina said quietly but didn't even realize it was out loud.

"Still?" the boy didn't understand what she had just said. "Sorry, have we met before?"

"Um, no... no we haven't." she lied. "I should go!" the brunette said as she turned. She started walking away. She continued until Ricky  decided to run after her and grabbed her wrist.

"You didn't tell me your name."

"Why does it matter?" She was confused. "We'll probably never see each other again." 

"I just want to know." he told her.

"Nina." she said, looking at his eyes.

After a few seconds she began to walk away again. And this time, Ricky let her go.

——————
Thank u for all your support besties!! 

Love u, Sofi♡