Chapter 18

BROKEN DREAMS CLUB
☽ ✮ ☾

THE GROUP OF POGUES WERE NOW IN THE BACK OF THE TWINKIE, AS JOHN B WAS DRIVING THEM TOWARDS THE SALVAGE YARD

THE GROUP OF POGUES WERE NOW IN THE BACK OF THE TWINKIE, AS JOHN B WAS DRIVING THEM TOWARDS THE SALVAGE YARD. They had made a plan to steal a drone at JJ's dad's job, well before he got fired. Kiara was going to be the direction while the others would steal the drone.

"Pope, we're not stealing the drone. We're borrowing it." John B said, attempting to chill out his friend. Pope was very anxious about anything that was illegal, because of his scholarship. But if they wanted to find the gold they had to get their hands dirty.

"Humans are the only animal that can't tell fantasy from reality." Pope suddenly said. 

"Did you come up with that?" asked John B oblivious.

"It's from Albert Bernstein," Hope replied.

Pope nodded. "Yep, Albert Bernstein came up with it, but it applies to this whole treasure-hunting thing."  

"Oh," mumbled John B.

"Nerds," JJ commented.

"So, which is it? Fantasy or reality?" Pope asked his friends, ignoring JJ.

"Why are you so weird, Pope?" JJ asked while he was rolling a blunt.

"He's not weird." Hope defended her cousin.

"It's fantasy, but possible reality," Kiara announced.

"Reality." both John B and Hope answered at the same time.

"Virtual reality," JJ muttered. Pope snatched the joint that was in JJ's mouth and threw it off by the window of the van. "Keep the signal clear," Pope told his friend.

"You know what your problem is?" JJ asked. "You need to relax, man. You're always so tense!" 

"I'm not too tense," Pope muttered.

After that, they arrived at their destination. John B stopped the van to let Kiara to get out and do her part of the plan. "Hey, don't worry. You got this" John B told her with a reassuring smile.

"It's not me that I'm worried about," Kiara said before leaving them.

"Got it," muttered John B.

☽ ✮ ☾

"How's it going with Kiara?" JJ asked John B, while they were hiding.