|40| Ambush

Third Person's POV

The atmosphere became tensed and uncomfortable. Seeing how angry Dymitri is, Demeter moved towards her son but Cameron spoke up.

"Demeter? Is he our s-son--"

"No, he's not. He's my son Cameron. Now is you excuse us, we have something else to do rather than speaking to you." Demeter immediately bit off with wary eyes and about to walk away with her son but Cameron was fast enough to stop them midway.

"Stop it. Let's talk."

"No. There's nothing to talk about. Now, move."

"Please Demeter, let's talk." Cameron put his hand on Demeter resulting to Dymitri to get angry.

"Don't touch her." He angrily said pushing the man away but, blinded by his anger, he unintentionally pushed the man hard with the help of his powers.

The man stumbled a few steps backwards and Ahron didn't liked this.

"Hey, you're crossing the line--"

"Back off!" Dymitri glared at him and his eyes immediately flashed into vibrant hue of purple, a warning.

Cameron put his hand into his son's shoulder to assure him that he's okay. Looking towards the woman he loved before, into the boy beside her, he let a sigh formulating a way to talk to them.

"Demeter, let's talk about this. Let me explain--"

"There's nothing to explain Cameron. Now move over."

"Please, let's talk about---"

"I said no!" Her outburst made him silent.

"The moment you did that to me, left me alone and chose another woman, that's the last time I wanted to talk to you." She added with the verge of crying.

"Please, let me explain---" Cameron's words was soon to cut off when the halls started shaking. Panic, wonder and fear began to consume their individualities until the double doors of the meeting hall bursted open and revealed the Headmistress of the academy.

"What's happening?" Demeter asked her but the Headmistress did I answered her, instead, a guard from outside came rushing in with panicked face.

"There are monsters entered the area Headmistress." He reported.

"What do you mean that there are monsters that have entered the secret base?"

"I don't know madam, but there's one thing I'm sure. Those monsters are the Sins!" He exclaimed and Demonise's eyes widened.

"What?!"

"They're starting a rampage madam, they were currently distracted by the guards outside."

"Tell the council to prepare, we have a code red here." She instructed and the guard immediately obliged, entering the meeting room.

Demonise looked back at them, worry and anger was evident in her face.

"We have to drive them away before they wreck and destroy the whole place." She said and they nodded in response.

"We'll help." Cameron offered to her, together with his son, Ahron beside him. Demonise gave a appreciative smile.

"Thank you Mr. Smith. Now, off we go." She said leading the way outside.

They all followed her, Dymitri in-between with his mother and boyfriend while his friends was following behind them together with the Smiths. As soon as they arrived outside, they saw how the guards are currently trying to prevent the Sins from further entering the area. Casting protective enchantments, sealing them away but to they were too strong for them.