BONUS CHAPTER 001.

BONUS CHAPTER 001. bellamy o'neil

NATURALLY, THE gods had never settled in ireland but still had kids running around there. bellamy o'neil was not the first demigod to be born in the country known for its rugged and wild landscapes, and she certainly wouldn't be the last. the gods may have moved to america, or so that's what people had told her, but that didn't mean they stayed there always. the sun god, apollo, had to travel around the whole world to light it with his chariot. the principle of having the heart of their civilization in america didn't mean they were banned from the rest of the world. but it certainly meant finding a safe place was a lot harder.

contrary to the ignorant belief of american-irish half-bloods who travel to ireland to go back to their roots (because really, your great great grandad was from ireland. you're like... the least irish thing ever. don't talk to me until you understand the story of st patrick's day and not just the fact 'you drink lots of alcohol ahah').... monsters do in fact still roam ireland. the ones from the stories of old? loads of them. and ireland, as it unfortunately seemed, was prone to sirens and monsters of all shapes and sizes.

the day bellamy turned eleven was the day she realised she was not a normal demigod. her quant little town within the country of wicklow was barely visited by most. bray was a small place with a tight-knit community that bellamy found herself woven into. and an even tighter-knit community of the half-a-dozen demigods that resided in the small town.

they were lucky none of them were a child of the main three gods, or poor bray would have been demolished rather quickly.

there was niamh tobin, daughter of aphrodite (or that's what they'd assumed after the girl had managed to talk her way into a sold-out theatre... there really wasn't a normal way of claiming demigods when you're not in america), with long and curly brown hair and bright blue eyes that seemed unnatural. she was a pale and short thing (the same age as bellamy, yet she towered over the child of aphrodite), covered in freckles. her weapon of chose? a bit of celestial bronze she'd found on the street and had forced darragh farrell (he lived next door. it was a wonder the two didn't get caught into monster fights every day) to have a crack at molding it into a knife.

it had worked obviously. darragh farrell was a son of hephaestus for a reason. at first, they'd thought the boy was a son of athena. he was smart, devastatingly so- but what set him apart was the way he could make anything from anything. with his short blonde hair and fiery brown eyes that were covered by glasses, he didn't look like much of a threat- especially with his lanky figure. but he could cause serious damage when he wanted to.

there were the fraternal twins too, aoife and rua devane. daughter and son of demeter. it was fairly obvious, actually. sandy blonde hair that sat on aofie's head, like a field of fresh crop and rua's bright red hair that reminded bellamy of a orchard full of apples. the two had a way with plants, so it was no surprise they were the children of demeter. they were chaotic together, attached at the hip.

and finally, there was torin riley. the oldest of them all and mostly a mentor. owning a successful pub on the sea-front of bray, it was no doubt he was in fact a son of dionysus. dark skin, black hair and eyes that swirled with mischief and madness at times, he had a way with drinks (of all kinds, not just alcoholic, you daft twit).

she knew she was a demigod, of course she did. the rest of them had been trying to crack down what exactly she was. was she a child of apollo? she had the sweetest voice and a way with music. but it never felt right. maybe a child of athena? she was snarky, she spoke her mind and had a rough personality. with fiery red curls, pale skin and freckles that dotted across her face like a myriad of stars she had a fire behind her. words bubbling in her throat constantly.