BONUS CHAPTER 002.

BONUS CHAPTER 002. deja vu

IRONIC, ISN'T it? they were a golden couple. golden boy and golden girl. fit for royalty. she was a walking sunshine, mixed with snark and a smile that felt like you were basking in the presence of the sun. her golden hair, recently dyed, was like liquid gold, slipping down to her mid-back. she was the warm summer winds and rays of golden light. supple and sweet but could burn you any second. perfectly stereotypical for a daughter of apollo. layla james was his golden girl. and he... he was her golden boy. tanned skin, fair hair- blue eyes that looked like the sky. a smile that shone bright like the sun, eyes that twinkled like constellations. if she was the sun of midday- he was the early dawn; with stars still peaking around. they were golden, so golden.

they'd been dancing around each other for weeks before she made the first move. it had been summer break, and layla james was still oblivious to the world she'd soon come to know. she was sixteen. he was seventeen, soon to eighteen. they met, ironically- at the beach. where everything is golden. the suns fell down in the evening, and layla walked by herself. summer break sucked for her. she had nothing to do except ogle at the dumb town her parents had made her move to. she didn't get it either- georgia had been great. not a lot of racists, not a lot of bigotry- actually an okay place. the old and supportive town she'd lived in... and then they moved. all in summer break- leaving her friends and her life behind. all because of a burglary.

they could've gotten security cameras, anything really. they could've gotten gates, anything- an alarm. but her mom, a retired musician, had eyes wide at the burglary and had said almost immediately we need to move.

so here she was, returning to the same place on some random malibu beach that sold some good ice-cream. she picked around the cup she'd gotten and found herself sitting on a large rock, staring at the sea with a glare. fuck this place, she snapped to herself, fuck life.

she ironically was golden. an angel with a bite.

"fuck- chiron is gonna be so mad with me," muttered a voice far away, "he's gonna kill me, dude! i- yeah, okay- just... keep him occupied for a while, will you? yeah i'll come back soon- i know i stayed out longer than he wanted me to! i get that... look i'll be back soon- try bargain me a month more? ...please? i'll trade the athena cabin someway. we'll get dessert privileges... thanks sis! 'kay- bye!"

she huffed, who names somebody chiron? she thought to herself as she shoved a spoon of ice cream into her mouth, not even blinking as she continued to scowl at the sea. there was shuffling around her- which she didn't get. it was late now, turning to evening. the sunset was approaching, nobody in their right mind (bar her, maybe) would be out at this time.

"what did the water ever do to you?" a low voice said from behind. she turned, the small neon green ice cream spoon still in her mouth, clattering onto the rocks. he was really pretty.

"nothing, yet," she managed, still staring at him, "well- blondie- you gonna stand there or are you gonna sit down?"

"i... sure," mumbled golden boy, "why you glaring at the sea, anyways?"

"this place sucks," shrugged layla, "full of smiling fuckin' people who don't know how much of a bad time i'm having."

"you don't sound like your from malibu," he said.

she snorted, "what gave that away, sugarplum?" she paused for a minute, "i'm from georgia. y'know... down south."

"yeah- i know my geography, miss georgia girl," he teased back.