𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄.

if i start crying then you will never know. but oH MY FUCKING G O D. i'm not even joking when i say i am so thankful for everybody who read this book. for everybody who took the time to comment, to vote and to interact with this book via putting it in their reading list. i hold so much attachment to all my characters, and i'm really happy that people were able to relate to cam, cadie, lilly and even layla and all of cadie's past lives ! i'm so thankful for everybody who read this book and decided they liked it and decided to stick along for the ride. i'm seriously thankful for each and every one of you.

also a big thank you to my friends !! thank you to -taybaes because you've literally been here since day one. not just of kingdom come but of all my other books. you've been here since joshua basset was percy jackson in barbie doll (and that was like... way back). i seriously can't thank you enough for the support you gave me <3 i also wanna thank my love kelly, -JASONSGRACE, because again- you've been here for such a long time. and i genuinely adore you so much my love. you are the best person ever and are so sweet. thank you to bad bitches like simqlea (you are so adorable i love you sm) and MY LOVE divineskies for not only making me many gorgeous covers but for literally having the sweetest personality ever.

thank you also to my chaotic besties coolkiidz- and -melaniiie (shoutout to our swaggiest gc called bessie kinnies) because you two are literally so sweet and lovely <3 thank you specifically to mel (because bitch i don't know why but we have the same mindset when it comes to killing off characters it's so funny) and thank you to kath !! you're literally the sweetest bitch ever and i think we've nearly known each other for maybe half a year or more ??? it's insane. you guys are awesome. and ryn ryn, you are a smug bastard and don't deny it. fr this bitch knows everything that happens in my books. she has a way of getting all theses spoilers out of me. i guess that's what happens when ur friends with me.

also, lol. bet i shocked yall w that marked for death shit.

tbh it came to me on a whim like... four days ago and i rearranged my whole plot so i could fit it in. i was writing that scene w atlas and was legit having a mental breakdown beside my mum being like should i make her sing the whole song? but what the fuck the amount of loopholes- and yeah. but in the end, i think i made the right choice! it fits perfectly with everything and i really like the lead up to everything that i'm planning out.

i hope you all don't forget that prophecy. to be honest, i'm kind of scared you're all gonna forget it and be like ?? there was a prophecy ?? but yes, the very last line will be revealed... eventually. and as for the bonus chapters- i hope you learned a lot from that! talking about ireland makes me really happy. especially since i'm half irish. peep my surname used for darragh because i wasn't going to use my name. but yeah <3

fun fact: most irish families who have common last names like o'brien, o'neil, o'riely, farrell etc where once kings of a place in ireland since ireland used to be split up into small kingdom/tribes and yeah :)). i'm trying to earn more about my cultures, but my dad told me this a while back and i thought it was perfect for the way i needed to use it for bellamy's story. also, think of bellamy and percy as like jallen but angst and death lol <3

now, onto me ranting about how i projected into literally every oc in this book.

when i first wrote this book (as in the first time where jenna ortega was around. then i deleted it, then i revamped it) i made cadie very awkward. and to be honest? she still is. and i like that. i don't have bad social anxiety, but i get really uncomfortable in crowded places and since the pandemic i get really nervous when there are crowds of people without masks on. in the uk since more people are allowed to not wear masks it happens more often and it just makes me anxious. but all in all i really love cadie. i projected onto her more than you know, really. the idea of her playing a flute/piccolo came from me actually playing the flute (i play the piano as well) and her whole character really came from the song 'kingdom come' by jon bellion.

originally, a lot of things were different about her. for one thing, she wasn't going to have a prophecy. but then in the song kingdom come it said some shit like living prophecy is me, kingdom come! and i was like fuck well now i gotta make a bitch die. so then that happened. and to begin with, she really wasn't going to have good parents. mainly because i find it hard to write good parents since i don't actually have experience with that. hence why i love found family lol.

but then i wanted to do something different and i sort of realised cadie deserved a good family. she might be privallaged in that sense, but she literally has a prophecy about her death. she cares so deeply and she has so much pain and so many things going on. i think she deserved at least a loving father and step-mother. especially since in books the step-mother is often villanised. and i didn't like that.

as for cam. he didn't appear much in this book, but trust me when i say he appears a lot in the next. i really like cam, actually. i think he's the perfect antithesis to the idea of violence that the area cabin portrays. he's still fiery in his own way, and he will cut a bitch when he needs to. but i like the idea of him seeking to use his words as a weapon more than anything else. and i really just love him as a character. whilst i do feel bad i didn't touch much on his prosthetic leg in this book, i hope to cover it more in the next.

i really hate it when characters are just defined by like the loss of a limb etc and then authors make that their whole character. like, having a metal leg isn't going to stop cam from doing things. maybe it will make some things harder, but he isn't lesser just because he has that prosthetic leg. and i'd personally like to think he has a hate/love relationship with his siblings. as in, if you slag off him, you would get pummeled by his siblings. but if they slagged him off, he'd do it right back.

as for lilly- dw, she's gonna come up a lot next book. her and cam play a big role in act two for reasons i won't disclose just yet. they're literally such an amazing character work with. she's luke's sibling- so obviously there is tension and things to work on there. but she's also cadie's friend. and the breaking point of seeing luke try manipulate thalia sort of made lilly realise a lot of things. now i'm not the best at being subtle w relationships unless you count the open mindedness that will be cam and his l.i (they're on the downlow for a while or they build up in the background basically), but i do think i want lilly and annabeth together. and since annabeth still thinks there's a shred of hope left for luke (there's not, lol) it's gonna cause tension in like, the best way. also lilly's use of humour as a coping mechanism is a bit too much projection, lol.

as for layla she really was just me being annoyed at everything and being like yup this is going onto layla's character. that was it. but i have a lot planned for every character in this series, small or big they do have a role. and she plays a big one. i'd love to actually see your guesses for who the golden boy is because i think it's really funny seeing people's answers and failing miserably. but i love her character.

she's insecure, she's angry and she's sort of in a toxic relationship. i've never written one of those before, but i'm really looking forward to showing all sides of it. to be honest, in like the weirdest way please don't take this weird, her toxic relationship reminds me of when i used to be friends with somebody. we'd argue and shout, but we'd always come back with each other and not apologise. and i kind of look forward to writing it. now all i'm saying is it's messy, and you should not like the golden boy. like, at all.

now as a comment to all her past lives, i really just want to say that they all were really fucking improvised. i'm just gonna name my two personal favourites: delara and bellamy (but i have so much fucking love for elizabeth and delphina <3). delara is a sweetheart lesbian in a time where they said burn the gays but like not in a /j kind a way they were rlly /gen about that shit. as for bellamy all of her friends were improvised (am currently in love with torin my bi king even though he was barely mentioned) and i love talking about ireland. so yeah. elizabeth is like your average mom friend and she's so <3. and delphina, well fuck she was linked with so much angst lol i gotta love her. and unara, she's like- she's like an actual fucking mother you get me?

now i'm gonna leave you with this as i write up book two's announcements and leave you with a code to try and decode to get book two's name lol. but as a warning, the next book's theme (especially act one) is very much one step forward, three steps back by olivia rodrigo. and if i had to say one for act two... idk probably the same but also maybe 7 years by lukas graham souley for all of the angsty parts.

and i meant it when i said that book two would be dark. it's sad, it's angsty- and it's fucking awesome.

for now, i bid you adue.

ro <3