Chapter 20: The Gala

Once Lila found out about the gala, she decided that we should go shopping for dresses together. Five wasn't too keen on the idea of me being alone with her, but I told him not to worry.

Lila and I walked around the stores looking for dresses. 

"Oh, this would look so pretty on you!" Lila said as she held up a navy-blue sleeveless dress.

"I'll try it on," I shrugged.

She smiled and handed it to me, "go. Go now!"

I chuckled and walked over to the dressing room. I shut the curtain and took off my clothes. I put the dress on, and I have to admit, it looks pretty nice for a dress from the '60s. It ends right at my knees and has a cute bow around the waist.

I walked out to see Lila wearing a teal-colored dress that looked absolutely stunning on her. She looked at me and smiled, "I knew it would look amazing on you! Do you like it?"

"Surprisingly, I love it," I smiled.

"That boyfriend of yours is going to fall over when he sees you," she chuckled, "Oh, can I do your hair when we get back?"

"Sure," I chuckled.

"Now, what do we think of my dress?" She asked as she slowly spun around so I could get the full look.

"I think it's perfect for you. You look beautiful," I smiled.

"Thank you," she smiled back.

"Now, what are we going to do about shoes?" I asked.

"There's some over there," she pointed over to a section of the store, "hopefully, they have some we like."

I nodded before turning around and going back into the dressing room to change back into my normal clothes.

***

Lila's currently doing my hair in Elliott's bathroom. She also insisted on doing my makeup. I didn't mind. She only did something subtle. Which is what I like. She pinned half my hair up and curled the ends with a curling iron we bought. I don't hate how I look...

"Now, you just have to get dressed," she said as she sprayed my hair with hairspray.

"Thanks, Lila. Are you sure you don't want me to help you?" I asked.

"I'm positive, now go get ready!" she said.

"Okay, I'll see you out there," I smiled before walking out.

Five's helping Diego get ready, so thankfully he won't se me until I'm fully ready.

I walked into Five and I's room and slipped my dress on. Lila and I found shoes we liked. I got nude-colored shoes while she got red. Seemed odd to me, but I didn't say anything since she seemed happy with them. I looked at myself in the full-length mirror and smiled. I actually look pretty (A/N: You are beautiful no matter what!).

I opened the door and walked to the kitchen to see Five drinking a cup of coffee.

Five's POV

I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around to see Y/N. My eyes widened at the sight of her. She looks absolutely stunning.

"Do I look okay?" She asked.

I smiled and set my coffee down on the counter, "you look beautiful."

She blushed and smiled, "thank you."

I walked over to her and pecked her lips.

She combs my hair to the side and smiles, "you look handsome."