Chapter 41: Hell Broke Loose

#6,103

When was the last time all hell broke loose for you?

I always wonder why is it that it's always me in varied situations every single time feeling that this is the worst that can happen. Nothing can beat this shit now but then another huge ball of shit comes rolling down in my way shattering me in an unexplored possible manner. 

Rose is officially AWOL now. Uncle Jaai and Aunty Zara seem clueless. Zee doesn't wish to do anything except kill my very much worthy brother Aman, not Ayan. Never Ayan. Ayan seems to not have free time to even breathe I guess. I don't know or don't care what Aman is up to these days. I'm not talking to him. I've got the news that Kyle and Naomi are gonna be back this week. So I guess there's one thing to look forward to. Kyra has been equally aloof and busy. I think she's hiding something from me. 

God! Let us all have some peace, please. 

~ Aavya, on a strenuous night after Rose vanished for a breather. 

❋❋❋

" Why? Uh, Why, Aman? Is it because that you are so sick, so sick that you don't know... You might as well say your goodbyes while you're at it... Spare us some more pain, will you if you must of course? " 

It's said that you hurt the most when you're hurting the most. 

This pleasant, soothing yet inexplicably sad morning was the worst one for both of them, still, they didn't know that the worst was yet to come. If only God had been so merciful, right?

Rose did see the color of Aman's face metamorphosed into hues she might never be able to explain ever. But, she knew that he knew she knew. It was just like that 'Friends' episode when everyone thought they knew better than the other but this didn't feel like a victory. It never would. 

This was a battle won but a war lost.

Rose thought she was formidable but her heart knew better. She tried so hard not to fall down on her knees and break into a million more fragments. So, she did what she could do best - fight. Fight with the man standing in front of her, her only love, and destroy whatever was left of him. Shatter him into pieces to show the world that she has been brave but has she? Yes, she would cast herself to hell if she did that but then it was the only way she could save herself from some misery.

It had been a tough, very tough couple of weeks or so. But, this felt like death calling her. Summoning her for her judgment day. Rose knew she was running away when she decided to come, and find refuge in this haven but she was so lost that absolutely nothing made sense to her. It was a do-or-die situation for her and she knew it was too early for her to die. Her heart was reckless and restless for she knew this day would come when Aman would be standing exactly where he was right now. And that would be the end for her. It felt like the end. 

He looked just a lovely innocent person with his eyes dying to shed those hidden tears and his nose was pink from exertion. He was very bit tired but still jaunty in his dimpled smile which was lopsided and grim. His perfect silky hair was falling on one side of his forehead and all she could imagine was how lovely it would feel as her fingers moved them in place. He wanted to say so many things but nothing found its way out. Rose waited for him to seep that statement in but mostly she was giving him space to uncover those words if ever he could.

" Eh...Ro-Rosie... W-what ..." He flattered and looked away. Pretending was never his stronghold but what the hell. 

He knew it was quite evident who was the source and asking the obvious was just another way to fill in those gaps.