Dirty little secret

My tummy was super big at 5 months, I could barely see my feet. I had been seeing a doctor like I'd been told and guess who that doctor was?
Brian freaking Wells!!!
He was so strict with everything. My diet. My sleeping hours. My exercise routine(which was very much non-existent). My clothes. Can you believe he told me to stop wearing sneakers because my feet were always swollen? I had to wear sandals, slides, slippers and any other flat shoe of my choice. He discouraged my constant crying, said it would cause complications. I was stuck in a hype world to please the little human inside of me. He banned me from drinking coffee too! He was the most annoying doctor ever and I was stuck with him everywhere. Back at home, we had a wedding to plan. At work, he was always on my case.
The only good thing that came out of him being my doctor was cutting my working hours and eliminating night shifts.
Boy was I happy!
I had not told Tae yet, on video calls, I showed just my face and shoulders. I was going to tell him. Eventually. I was so scared of rejection.
It was another horrible night of my boring yet peaceful life with 30 commandments from Dr You-know-who. Insert eye roll here please. It was all good until I received a call from Kookie.
"Penguin, I'm coming to London for an Art Festival. I'll be at the Art gallery tomorrow evening, there's a major exhibition going on there," he sounded so excited. I was completely  dumbfounded.
"Oh my God! That's amazing!" I tried to sound as happy as I'd have been if I had nothing to hide.
"Please come, I can't stray too far from my paintings. Please do come, it'll be great to see you. Please," he practically begged.
"Okay, I'll be there tomorrow,"
"Thank you so much,"
"Is Tae coming?"
"Nope. Sorry. He's away on a business trip in China. Been traveling ever since that promotion, I'm always at home with those cretins. I honestly wish you were here,"
"Oww that's sad. You both are still coming for Brian's wedding right?"
"Totally, Tae has been impatiently waiting for that. He really misses you,"
"I do too,"
"We'll talk tomorrow. I'll send you a picture of your pass. Byeee,"
"Byeee," I said hanging up.

Sigh! Great just great! Now what?

All my clothes were scattered on my bed and the floor. I was looking for something to wear. With just thirty minutes to go, I knew I wasn't going to find anything proper to wear. What do people wear to an art gallery? Something simple right? It's not like I could dress elegantly anyways, I was not allowed to wear heels. I tried on my usual baggy sweats and a t-shirt.

Your royal baggy-ness. Baggy clothes won't save you now.

The annoying little voice in my head spoke and I quickly removed the clothes. I finally settled on a green long dress. It had two thin strips on the shoulders, an amazing slit that ran down my right thigh and hugged my body not too tight. I put on black sandals. I looked okay for a pregnant woman. Grabbing a small black string back and hanging it over my shoulder, I locked my apartment and went out.

I found a taxi that dropped me right outside of the gallery. I showed the pass to the man standing at the door, he told me where I'd find Kookie before letting me in. I walked to where I was told to go and there he was. Fixing his paintings onto stands. I walked up close and looked the other way.
"Mmm, I wonder where I can find Kookie," I spoke loud enough for him to hear still giving him my back. Next thing I felt were arms around my shoulders. I turned and hugged him back.
"You... You are pregnant?" He asked as soon as he felt my belly.
"Yeah,"
"For who?"
"Taehyung,"
"Does he know?"
"No,"
"Why not?"
"I told him I was on the pill Kookie,"
"Then how are you pregnant Mel?"
"The antibiotics. You remember them? The ones Tae made me take for three days after I cut myself? They must have tampered with the potency of the pill," I explained.
"I didn't even know I was pregnant till I was three months along," I told him.
"He has to know Mel, he's gotta know,"
"I'm scared. What if he starts doubting my loyalty?"
"I doubt it would come to that,"
"I don't know what to do,"
"Hey, hey, don't cry now. We'll figure out a way to tell him or better yet let him find out on the wedding day,"
"I think that's better,"
"Do your parents know?"
"Not yet. I was thinking of visiting them this coming weekend. There's a reunion party being hosted by our Hospital director and he has invited every one. It's being held in Southampton so I would probably go see them for a bit,"
"It's gonna be okay. Don't worry about it," he assured me.
"I feel guilty. I shouldn't be doing this to Tae,"
"I feel worse, I'm his little brother. I should not even keep things from him especially some thing like this. You know him and babies,"
"Maybe you should just tell him,"
"I won't. You should. When you're ready. Don't worry he will understand. Hopefully," he said rubbing my back.
"This suits you by the way,"
"What does?" I asked looking at my dress.
"Pregnancy. I've never seen a pregnant woman look so cute,"
"Thanks Kookie. Nice paintings you got here, they're a masterpiece."
"Barely. No one's come for them,"
"Don't speak too fast. Look," I said gesturing towards a group of men approaching us. They were clearly admiring his paintings.