Chapter fifty nine

If I thought things were moving quickly before now it's just insane, after Sabrina told me about her connection to the elder Alistar and her lost family. She vowed to keep my family safe, my pups will be where the other noncombatants are going to be.

She left to discuss with the other elders where we are planning to keep the noncombatants. Leaving me in the conference room alone, sighing I rub my face. This has been a lot to process and now I have to prepare to face the Dreggs.

I know we are hopeing that we can stop Rohan before they let them out but let's be realistic that's probably not going to happen.

Sighing I lean back in my chair and look at the ceiling when Selena comes in followed by her pups. "Here you are I've been looking for you, how are you holding up?"

"I feel tired at the moment and we haven't even started. It all seems like time is working against us but considering what we face, it's probably more than we could have really hoped for. But enough of that for a second come here and give me my hugs kiddos!" I smile and the kids come over to me.

"Where are Helios and Daphne?" I ask worried but the door opening answers my question when Dev comes in with Raven following each carrying one of the kids, "they are so big now," I say with a smile. Daphne looks like a minnie Selena and Helios looks like a Dev but with Selena's eyes.

"Hello Daphne and Helios I'm your Tia Scarlett it's nice to finally meet you," I say.

"Can we see your babies now Tia?" Melanie asks and I get up from my chair.

"Come on let's go see them," I smile leading the way.

My little ones are sleeping when we come in but sensing others they didn't know coming in woke them, immediately air swirled around the crib so that they were hidden from view and that way others couldn't get to them either.

"Oh my goodness what's happening?" Selena asks alarmed.

Dev shields his pups and Raven looks at me surprised.

"Azure honey it's ok can you put down the shield for mommy please?" I ask my son hopeing he listens to me.

The air dies down almost instantly and my pups sit there looking at me waiting to see what I want I think.

"Hello my babies sorry we woke you from your naptime. We have some guests who would like to meet you," I say coming towards them.

"Good job looking out for your younger siblings son," I say as I lift Azure.

Turning to everyone I say, "this is my eldest son Azure, he was just trying to protect his brother and sisters."

Dev and Selena are surprised but hide it well, the kids however are quite vocal, "how did he do that?" "Can they all do that?" "We didn't mean to scare them" "we're sorry" are their loudest responses.

"Ok to start they each have an ability like I do, Azure's as you can see is wind, and only the boys have shown that they can use it so far but that's fine. As for scaring them I think it was more of an I don't recognize this scent better safe than sorry." I say.
I have the kids sit down and put each of my children, introducing them as I set them down, in front of the kids.
Dev and Selena sit as do Raven and I, even if it's just for a short while we try to have a "normal" moment.

"Tia is it true you have another baby in your tummy?" Filomina asks while holding Rosemary.

"Yes I have a baby boy growing in my belly," I say putting my hand to my small baby bump.

"Can I feel?" Alan asks and I nod. He goes to touch my tummy and my baby shocks us, it doesn't hurt but surprises us.

"Did the baby in your tummy just shock us?" Alan asks bewildered.

"Yes he tends to do that," I sigh exasperated.

"He can do that from the womb?" Dev is flabbergasted by this and I nod.

"The only ones he let's feel him moving are Raven and his siblings everyone else he shocks," I say shrugging. "I'm sorry Alan I was hopeing that he would let you feel him move."

"It's ok that was cool, what is his name?" He asks with a huge smile on his face.

I look at Raven and he nods, "we chose Falcon Riley Frost, for his name a few days ago," I smile as he kicks at the sound of his name.

"Tia will you be coming with us when daddy and the others go to fight?" Ezra asks and looks upset when I shake my head no.

"But it's dangerous you can't go!" Alan cries and all of the children's lips start to quiver as their eyes gloss over with tears.

"I know but I'm needed to help stop the bad things from coming after us, if I don't go and they get out of their prison, they could hurt everyone. Sabrina and your mama need you to be brave, to stay with them. My pups here will probably try to help too, but I want you to promise me that you will stay by them, can you do that for me so that I don't worry?" I ask and they all nod and pinky promise to stay close to my pups.

The thought of leaving them hurts but atleast I know they won't be huddled in a crib somewhere alone.

We stay there for a while after the guys are summoned to the war room.

"You be careful you understand me?" Selena whispers as the kids play with the toys.

"Yes I know, I plan on watching my children grow " I smile.

"So Falcon is a shocker huh? Maybe you should have named him Thunderbird," Selena says and I crack up laughing.

"Maybe it can be a nickname?" I say thinking of the Thunderbird from the Fantastic Beasts movie.