f o u r t e e n

Tw: mentions of sexual assault, violence, self-abuse, and anxiety/panic attacks.

"𝐆𝐨𝐝, 𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐈 𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮"

 𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊-𝟐

|M A X W E L L|

 Maxwell Knight will assassinate Delilah Warner in front of her family as soon as the contract is finalized, putting an end to the fight between the Mafias.

I read it, then reread it, thinking I had misread it, but it was still the same.

I have to kill Delilah.

"You knew her only for 7 weeks, you were barely friends" my mind reasoned.

"you know that's not true, she was a friend, a true one indeed" my heart spoke.

"maybe even more than a friend"

I cannot do this, It is impossible. How can I even think of killing her?

"I n-need some time" I croaked out swallowing the tears that were forming at the brim of my eyes.

"you don't have a choice, son. This is already decided" my father said in a stern voice.

"now leave and make sure you don't act any different with her from now onwards otherwise you know what I can" he was talking to me but he was looking at mom who was standing there with her head down.

I have to do this, not for me- but for mom.

"Don't." I tried saying in a calm voice but it came out as a growl of displease.

"I will do it, just don't you dare do anything to mom"

And that's how I signed the deal with the devil.

|T H I R D  P E R SO N |

It seemed like his entire world was collapsing around him. All of the excitement and happiness he experienced with Delilah during the previous seven weeks flashed through his memory.

Every time he closed his eyes, it was as if he could see her smiling face, he just couldn't forget those green eyes of her that are filled with happiness.

He couldn't bring himself to destroy her.

But he fucking has to.

So he did what he had to. 

"Hello?" said the girl on the other end of the call, shattering his heart with her sweet voice.

"Del" his voice came out weaker than he thought it would, a mere whisper.

"Max? What's wrong? Are you sick?" Delilah spoke concerned laced in her voice making Maxwell close his eyes from the pain in his heart.

"It hurts, Del. It hurts so fucking much." he tried his best to control himself but the tears came pouring out as if it rained after the drought, they weren't stopping.

"Max, are you crying? Did someone say anything?" she almost yelled get panicked as to why Maxwell was crying.

It was as if his tears weren't just hurting him, they were doing something to her heart too.

"nothing happened I just miss you" he wiped his tears trying to act like he wasn't in pain mere seconds ago.

"We met like 3 days ago?" she smiled although it wasn't visible to him.