0.2 - blue birds

Ahh yes, another night of procrastinating homework thought *the gay*. I just want the seggs now but patience-

also ive literally been watching how to play the violin videos for 4 hours and i dont even own/know how to play?!? like i play the piano what am i doing

okay cool enjoy~

----------

"Do you know him?"

Dreams arms were raised in the air, a large white shirt currently acting as a barrier between him and the voice beside him. With a bit of a rushed struggle, he forced the cloth off and turned to his side; a strange vulnerability hitting him as he stood amongst half a dozen similarly aged men half naked.

"Who?"

"The king." The black haired boy spoke louder, gathering the attention of the others. They closed in, like a small battalion.

Dream tilted his chin up, "No, I met him today." He didn't seem convinced. "Do you know the king personally?"

The man scoffed and the others continued to change backing off; the room was cold so it wasn't pleasant to stay so exposed for any length of time. Dream concluded it was the open vent, that's why the temperature was so different in here. No one had bothered to close it for a few days, and the cold morning winds has wowned themself inside and gotten trapped for the rest of the day.

"You must be good, if you were the best here." He spoke again, and Dream shifted past him and to the wall with out looking back.

"Apparently." His hands gripped the shutter and in one jarring motion shut off the outside air. "That's what they said."

The others seemed wary all of sudden, except for the guy who continued to talk. "The names Nick, Im from all the way down the river." Except Nick.

"Dream." They shook a firm and short handshake.

"Oh, you're using your made up- solider-nickname. The guys called me Sapnap." Nick- Sapnap seemed so sure of himself as he spoke, patting a random guy on the back as he took a seat down. The boots he took off were old and worn, characters in themselves, and replaced with clean and polished ones that looked just like everyone else.

Dream wasn't one for chatting, so after completing his uniform he made his way out the door to where the king was no where in sight. A small boy came next into view, handing over a small piece of paper. "Orders from the King, he has matters to attend to." Off the kid scurried, leaving Dream alone with his confusion. 

The list read long and tiresome. But it was orders, and this was his job now. With a solemn, private sigh to himself, the boy got the work. He mopped floors, scrubbed walk ways and introduced himself to many a staff as he ran around the battlements. When he had thought the list was long, he hadn't seen the backside of it. Once again he let out a little sigh. Each task was meaningless and tiresome and nothing like what a soldier should be doing.

How typical of a corrupt king, Dream thought. Too engrossed in his coins and rich friends to see to the lives of his subjects.

"Speak of the devil." He muttered as a familiar gold pare of small heels made their clickity-clack over.

"Excuse me?"

Shit. "I was.. just about to look for you, your Majesty."

The King chuckled, taking a seat at the table Dream had just finished scrubbing. It was a beautiful mahogany wood, as old as time and stood to server generations of royals until it's splinters would one day, finally, combust on themselves and give up its might. Dream was extra careful when touching it, there was few objects in the land that held more stories than him, and this was definitely one of the . "You were thinking about me? I'm flattered."

"Yes. Briefly." The day light was noticeable fading, a warm orange glow illuminating half of George's face as he sat back, exposing his hair that had been ruffled to one side from what one can only assume was a big puff of wind on his way over. He noticed Dream staring and corrected it sharply. "I did as you asked, the list you left."

"You did?" He looked around. "We're are the others? Did they get theirs done too?"

"Others?"

Pause. Dream didn't even think about the other soldiers when he received the paper. King George didn't even mention the other soldiers when he wrote the paper. Both had forgotten to share the orders. A light chuckle from both of them, and they moved on with out word.

"I'm just about to eat with some friends of the crown, I'd like you on duty as I do. After that, you'll be able to sleep." The King pulled out a small, crooked stool next to him and waited. Dream shook his head. "Sit."

He sat. Unwillingly.

As if just on time, a train of spoilt brats shuffled in, all in various blues and cyans to appeal to the kings clear favourite colour, with the food arriving not long after. The once empty room, with the pure orange sunset blessed on two boys cheeks was now filled with yellow, fiery candles and screams of shrieking laughter.

Dream had never seen such a thing, a whole room pretending to have fun, to be amused by one another while looking like a bunch of blue peacocks. "A sight to behold, right?" George slide over a small plate with some meat on? Dream had never seen something cooked into a spiral before, but it was brown so he could only assume it was from a cow or pig or something.

"What?"

He laughed with his eyes, "They think they look appealing like that, dressed as possible suitors." Dream didn't seem to get it, so George changed his attention to the meal in front. "Eat this. The food could be poisoned. You don't want your King to die from a cut of lamb, do you?" Ahh, it was sheep.

"Um." Dream hesitated, making eye contact with the spoilt boy next to him, and took a small bite. And he practically melted in satisfaction, never before having tasted something so incredible. "Oh my-" It was amazing. But he caught himself, "I think it's, it's fine sir."

George nodded sternly, hiding his smile behind pursed lips, "You should try the pie too, and the wine." He slowly pushed them over, no one in the room even noticing their strange interaction.

Dream couldn't exactly say no, it was direct orders, so with a disgruntled frown he took a few bites of everything, and a few sips of wine, and then a few more bites from the food forced on him. The poor boy's usual boiled potato diet of 20 years didn't match up to this level of food, no it didn't even score on the chart. This would be a night to remember, Dream thought.

Slowly the dinner came to a close and the birds of a feather flurried out together, laughing fake little laughs with smiles as wide and fake as their pushed up chests. That left just the King and his guard, both a little tipsy.

"You're off duty now, 17. Make sure to be up and at my chambers by dawn." He stood from his large chair, using Dreams shoulder for support, "No, let's meet at the Tree, the one we met at."

"Okay your Majesty," Dream passed the wobbling-as-he-walked-King over to a servant. "Good night."

George smiled, "Yes, yes good night to you too." His eyes were practically closed from drowsiness. "I'm glad you enjoyed the food." And they were both taken to bed promptly, small smiles on both faces.

—————

Ahhh edited bc I'm sleepy

Dw you will get your smut soon
Until then- drink water kiddos <3