twenty seven

13th April 1979
Married life was going well for the young couple. They had a stable wage and a stable household, aside from work life was quiet. Almost too quiet for James Potter and Eloise Davies.

Moony and Padfoot popped in and out at least once a day, Sirius used James as a comfort blanket for the longest time.

But Peter. Well, Peter was distant. That's to say the least. He would rarely answer letters, and the answers were short. It was almost as if he had more important things to worry about.

He would switch at order meetings though, acting completely normal as if he hadn't been a prick to the entire group.

He'd come round though, he'd stop being like this. Right?

The group didn't let it get them down though, they had bigger things to worry about, they were constantly on and off missions it was exhausting.

Tonight was the rare night that Eloise and James weren't with the order. And what did they choose to do?

They ordered Chinese takeaway and danced in the kitchen to queen.

That was the simplicity of their relationship, they didn't have to go to grand restaurants, they didn't need everyone to see their love because it was pure and real only being them two.

And to think they're life together was only just starting was crazy, they acted like an old married couple. As if they'd been with eachother for 40 years.

Even when she was on the other side of the world there was this invisible string, tying each other together.

They were bound to be with one an other.

"Whatever happens Eloise Potter, I will love you forever and always."

"And I will love you to the moon and to Saturn until death do us part."

a/n lil one shot there

19th may 1980

The worst part about their life was constant missions. They were almost always fighting death eaters, usually winning. But it was exhausting, sometimes Eloise wished for a life that wasn't always so on the go, if her and James just had a different life maybe things would be less crazy.

On this particular day it wasn't her on a mission, it was James.

Well James and Sirius, yes dumbledore thought it would be a good idea to send them two out to a mission that could get them killed.

So there Eloise was, pacing the large kitchen, biting her nails, hoping, praying, wishing that her husband comes back safe and sound.

Hoping he comes in and pulls her into a bone crushing hug.

Praying that he doesn't even have a scratch on him.

Wishing that he's alive.

Hours pass.

Then a knock.

Which is odd because why would James knock on his own house?

She opens it anyway, to Sirius practically dragging an injured James.

"Sirius what the fuck happened!" Eloise shouted in fear.

Sirius looked just as scared.

"El, I promise I wasn't watching. I was fighting off Bellatrix and that fucking Lucius barbie looking bastard came from no where!"

Eloise got a semi conscious James to the couch. "Oh Siri, I believe you. The job comes with risk I just wish it wasn't against us."

"Does he need to go to st mungos?" Sirius asked.

"I don't think so, he's just injured slightly. He got off lucky. I bet Malfoy got a right kick out of it too." Eloise said stroking his hair.

"I'm promising you this Eloise, if it is a choice of him and me, I'd pick him. He deserves the world. And that means he needs to live on it." Sirius said tears pricking in his eyes.

"Sirius, don't say that. That won't happen. You're both going to live. You and Remus are going to have a quaint house in the middle of no where with one or two kids and a flower field. Me and James will have two kids for definite, he wants to call one Elvendork because its 'unisex'." She laughed. "But I like Harry, for a boy that is. Erina for a girl."

"The dream life, huh?" Sirius said nudging the blondes arm.

"The dream life." Eloise said with a half laugh.

"We are naming our child Elvendork, Els." James mumbled.

"Never scare me like that again, seriously-" Eloise was cut off.

"That's my-" Sirius said excitedly.

"Sirius don't even! Thank god you're okay!" She said kissing his nose.

"Of course I'm okay, I'd never leave you like that." James promised.

But in life not all promises that are made stay true.

A/N

Hi! I'm so sorry for late update I've been super busy.

I went on holiday for a week, got back, had my birthday and then started college/sixth form this week. This months been hectic as much as it slipped away quickly.

But updates will become more consistent now, hopefully once a week.