THIRTY EIGHT 🌸

Smoque was the finest dine place that I had ever set foot in

Smoque was the finest dine place that I had ever set foot in. With intimate lighting and vines hanging from the ceiling it was the most beautiful, elegant setting.

"Mr Maines, such an honour to have you dining with us this evening. Your guests have already arrived. Please follow this way to be seated." A fat dude in a tuxedo gestured his arm to the left, he had a napkin draped over it and an uptight expression.

As we walked through the main lobby my eyes roamed my surroundings. The mixed smell of food was aromatic to my senses and the heat coming from a large log fire was welcoming. I could sense eyes following us through the room, whispers breaking out all around us and the camera tones sounding out over the classical music of a pianist.

My salvia thickened as my ears tuned to the sound of Lexis laughter. Our table placed privately at the back, blended beautifully among the regal wallpaper and historic framed photographs.

I watched as everyone greeted one another. One by one they rose out of their seats, hugged one another and kissed cheeks - even the guys. Except of course Jordan and Liam who didn't utter a single word to one another.

"I thought it would be wise to sit them at opposite ends of the table." Arlo's mum announced, pointing at the empty chair at the end of the table for Liam. "Fearne you're here." The chair dedicated to me happened to be located right next to Arlo. Obviously this came as a surprise to him as well as me judging by the way he choked on his pre-meal water.

I lowered myself down in the chair next to him and I felt him tense. I hadn't built up the confidence to look him fully in the eye yet but the way his suit hung from his body was making my thighs clench together beneath the table. I should have touched myself.

On him it wasn't just a suit, it was like he was a damn model, showcasing the trendiest way to wear a three piece. It was blue with black trimmings and tailored to his body like a mould. I could see it was mega expensive, made from the finest materials by some fancy-smancy designer. Unlike Cams which was Walmart bought.

I picked up a menu and scrolled my eyes down the cursive font, the fire flickered a warm golden glow on the laminated pages. This wasn't like an ordinary restaurant, here they fed you sixteen courses of the chefs delight, each one carefully planned to compliment you gastronomically. That was a big fucking leap from Burger King.

The server came over and filled everyone's glass with wine, including those underage. Jamie slapped his hand over the glass before they could fill his.

"I'll just stick with the water, thanks." A look of guilt clouded Liams face, I recognised that look so clearly. I could relate, I was plagued by guilt constantly.

Jordan and him shared secretive glances at one another from across the table and for once it wasn't a look of anger, more like support, sympathy and understanding.

"The first course will be out momentarily, but for now here's some bread rolls to share." He placed two baskets of warm bread rolls in the centre of the table.