25: The Night Watchman 08

Zong Yan didn't notice anything. He lowered his head, but the moment his eyes touched the phone screen, he looked up again. With some uncertainty he glanced at Edward.

Just now, because Zong Yan was focused on reading about their mission task, he was a little distracted.

It was only when he glanced down that it struck him—

A moment ago Edward's eyes had looked a bit dark, as if some kind of shadow were brewing in them, slowly swallowing up the white part of his eyes.

How could a living person's eyes be black?

But when Zong Yan lifted his head and studied the other person's face, all he saw was a pair of perfectly normal blue eyes, as if that image of the entire eye dyed black was a flash of illusion.

While Zong Yan was feeling confused, Wang KeMing, who'd been assigned to organize the mission data, jumped up from his chair.

He'd gone over the documents sent by the school and searched through the app database. It was so difficult to consolidate the data that his eyes were about to turn into mosquito coils.

But the most recent data wasn't sorted out by Wang KeMing himself. The MU app came to his rescue.

"Yan Ge! That's it!

"The school sent an additional Monarch to help out, and they've already arrived in London. The mission task says that given the situation, a Monarch-level advisor will directly lead our team. If we can get a passing mark from our temporary advisor, it's the same as completing the investigation practice course."

Wang KeMing read aloud the notice sent by the Academic Affairs Office to MU students in London. His voice revealed his excitement. "What a sweet deal."

In most circumstances, students who chose to do MU's investigation practice course independently wouldn't receive any guidance from a mentor during the process. Only a little bit of task information would be provided by the Academic Affairs Department. Everything else was up to students to figure out on their own.

This time, because of the extraordinary situation in London, the difficulty of their investigation practice course had been greatly lowered, and a Monarch-level mentor would even guide them through the course to ensure their safety.

Off to the side Wang KeMing was ecstatic, but Zong Yan had a very bad feeling.

"Which Monarch did the school send?" His voice trembled.

Nowadays, even if you included the counterfeit Monarch Zong Yan, there were only ten Monarchs on the planet, and Zong Yan had already confirmed that one of them was an agent who'd infiltrated the school.

The school did indeed have a Monarch, but that Monarch—wasn't a person!!

Wang KeMing looked at the screen. "It seems to be the seventh Monarch, our astrology professor."

Zong Yan: ...

Finished, we're so finished. Great Britain is definitely doomed.

---

Because Zong Yan, the team leader, was eager to avoid this new Monarch, he found an excuse to sneak out of the hotel and look for clues.

Ada and Wang KeMing said that they'd rather stay in the hotel and wait for the mentor to arrive. Before he left, Zong Yan hesitated, then asked them to notify him by phone when the mentor showed up.

This time around, Tawil was a Monarch. Given his unpredictable mind control abilities and his stature in the occult world, Zong Yan had to be cautious about what he said and did. It was just like what he'd said before—don't annoy a being you can't fight against—so Zong Yan had second thoughts about warning the others. All he could do was give a faintly worried glance to Wang KeMing, who was lying on the sofa with a complete lack of concern. The other teen didn't seem to have noticed a thing. Instead he was happily chomping away on potato chips.