57: A Dark Past

[Author: Tiny recap cause it's been so long since I've posted.]

'Rin could take down that guy alone. And could possibly beat All Might before he retired.' Kaminari thought.

'I wonder what her life was like before coming to UA?'

16 years ago

I guess I should start from the beginning.

A meteor struck the earth causing a great explosion to kill all the Dino-

Not that far back!

A child born with black and white hair crawled on the ground at just 5 months. Her mother cheered proudly from right next to her.

I guess this'll do. Ever since I was a child there were very high expectations I was meant to achieve. I guess I set those expectations for myself when I said my first word at 5 months.

The woman smiled happily while picking up her baby and sitting on the luxurious couch. She had long white hair tied into a side ponytail, resting on her shoulder. Her eyes were sparkling light blue. The tips of her hair were dyed redish orange, a white sweater, as well as a black skirt.

That there, is my mother. Bless her heart, she only wanted a child to pass down her legacy, and have her child tell stories about her to their children. She was a hero known as Nightlight. I know, and she knew the name was tacky but she always wanted to be the bright light during other's darkest times. Also her quirk was the ability to manipulate sunlight.

The woman gasped and looked towards another room where a man shouted angrily into his phone and abruptly hug up. He had black hair and dark blue eyes that could beat the deepest part of the ocean. His black tux suited his defined face and slicked back hair.

My father on the other hand. He wanted a child who would continue his legacy exactly. Be the next Shadow Walker. That was his villain name. Self explanatory, he can control shadows and travel through them. Unlike my mother, he wanted the strongest and brightest child instantly, and one that could wield both light, and darkness. He doesn't understand that people don't come out of the womb brilliant. I'm not a good example since I was learning a lot faster than any other baby my age.

The man turned towards his wife and smiled. It wasn't a loving smile however, it seemed diabolical. He walked over and picked up the baby before walking into a different room that had literature books and a small whiteboard. He then shut the door and tried teaching the baby how to speak.

My parents used to love each other. At least that's what my mom said. I always wondered what happened, the story she told me always sounded like a fairytale. Hero falls for the villain and vise-versa, not caring how opposite they were, they get a lovely house and work together as a business owner and housewife. I always thought I was the one who ruined that fairytale love life.

~•~

The dual haired kid now knows how to talk perfectly. Now it was just to perfect her fighting skills. Anytime she did something wrong, there would be a one hit punishment. She dawned many bruises since her power never showed itself. Every day it was early rising and late to bed. Only for three hours, she would have free time. Most of that time she would beg her mother to go to the park. Sometimes her begging worked but other times it would be too risky.

One day, she met her very first friend.

"Have fun. And remember to be back here on time." The white haired woman instructed to her daughter.

"Okay, mama." The kid responded before running towards the swings. It wasn't a well known park, it barely had anything in it, just swings and a sandbox. The swings were by far her favorite playground equipment. The higher she got, the more free she felt.