Issue #2: The Creepshow

"Alright, dickhead, lunch time. Get the fuck up." One of the guards said. I was laying in my bed looking up into nothingness up until that point, using the tiles on the ceiling as gridded paper, finishing up the blueprints of a mechanical noose to shoot out of my sleeve.

"Hey how's that coloring book I ordered coming along? Any idea when it's coming in?" I asked him.

"Shut the fuck up and get to the lunch hall." He ordered. I walked past him and whispered "Four."

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?" He asked me but I kept walking. "Hey! I'm talkin' to you!" I continued on my way until I heard him go "CAZO! WAKE THE FUCK UP!" I looked back over remembering that's the last name of my new neighbor. He banged on the door to her cell before opening it up. Then a few rats seemed to jump out and started mauling him. He screamed in agony and I chuckled in amusement before another guard came over and kicked the rats away, picking the other guard up from the floor.

"Three." I then whispered to myself.

"CONTROL YOUR FUCKING PESTS, FREAK!" He shouted as Cleo walked out of her cell rubbing her eyes and yawning.

"I can't do that without my device Ms. Waller only lets me use for missions." She replied. She took a step forward before realizing she stepped on something. She looked down under her shoe before picking up what she stepped on and handing it to the guard. "You dropped this." She said handing him his tongue.

"JUST GET THE FUCK TO THE COURT SCUMBAG!" The second guard shouted. Cleo shrugged and threw the tongue into the toilet in her cell. She walked over towards me almost like a zombie and it seemed like she didn't even realize I was there until she bumped into my chest.

"Sorry, I'm still half asleep." She told me. "Good morning."

"It's two in the afternoon but alright." I said. "Cleo, right?"

"Mhmm." She hummed. "You're the one who they brought in yesterday, right?"

"That would be me. (Y,N) (L,N)."

"Keep it moving, you fucking animals!" We looked behind us and a third guard had come to take the place of our newly mute friend, pointing a gun at us. We shrugged and kept walking down to the food court. Before we got too far we heard squeaking and a rat scurried up Cleo's leg and onto her shoulder.

"This is Sebastian. Say hello, Sebastian." She said. Sebastian stuck his hand out like he wanted a handshake. I cautiously moved my index finger towards him and he actually shook it, causing Cleo to lightly chuckle. "No one's actually taken his handshake before."

"Well, I'm sure not too many people are really fond of rats. I wanted one as a child but mom was petrified of them." I said. We walked past the cell of Polka Dot Man as the door opened and he walked out.

"Hello, Abner." Cleo said.

"Hey! Polka Dot Boy!" We all looked over at a girl with white skin and blue hair I hadn't seen yet. "I consider myself a bit of a trend setter so I thought I'd give you some advice: try wearing anything besides Polka Dots and maybe then you won't be such a stupid fucking loser! Or you could just kill yourself!" She said before laughing to herself. She was nudged in the back with the barrel of a gun and kept walking after flipping off one of the guards.

"I wish they'd let me." Polka Dot Man muttered.

"Well aren't you just a ray of happiness." I said. We walked further and past TDK's cell. Something I had noticed was that we all had different little changes to our prison uniforms that made ours unique from the others. I was the only one with a black undershirt, Cleo had her shirt still open as it seemed she had lazily put it on after waking up and had a tank top on underneath, Abner wore a long sleeve white wool shirt underneath his shirt and it was covered in polka dots, and TDK had the sleeves ripped off his top.