¹⁷ ❘❘ ᵇᵉᵃᵘᵗⁱᶠᵘˡ ˢᵒᵘˡ ༉·₊˚✧

ੈ°˖✧ ᵇᵉᵃᵘᵗⁱᶠᵘˡ ˢᵒᵘˡ ▸ ᴊᴇssᴇ ᴍᴄᴄᴀʀᴛɴᴇʏ

⋆ ˚✧༺♥︎༻✧˚ ⋆

Weekend came faster than you expected, almost as if the weekdays only passed within a blink of an eye.

Just like you've promised to Lev and Yamamoto, they always meet you after every dismissal of your last morning class to study, and also have a lunch with Rezu as well.

You had done a lot of explanation because of Lev's lacking of notes, but all the effort you put through was all worth it. Taketora and him learned a quiet handful of knowledge, and you guess it's safe to say that they could ace it, or pass at the very least.

"Y/N-san, you seem quiet happy." Akaashi points out the smile you're wearing on your face and walk over you with his hand stretched out. "Here, let me carry that for you."

Instinctively, you recoil the box of books from him, refusing his help and persists to keep carrying it in your shaky arms that's on the verge of breaking apart. "A-ah― no need, I can manage this myself! I'm a strong woman."

An almost unnoticeable pigmy smile crawl onto his lips as he shake his head. "No need to be stubborn, I can see you struggling. Besides, Rendón-san will give me an earful if he found out that I didn't lend a girl in distress a helping hand. You know how much he value a gentleman's etiquette."

Sighing in defeat, you passes the box over him. "Alright..." you murmur, watching him stack it over the pile of boxes in the storage room.

"Bokuto-san kept asking me about you in every practice." Akaashi says while dusting off his hands and wiping it clean on his apron. "He seemed to grow fond of you after Kuroo-san added you in the group chat. He thinks you are buddies now."

"He does?" You chuckle at Bokuto's easily attached persona in spite the fact that it's been just a few days since the night you both properly met each other. "Anyway, my landlord finally allowed me to adopt one pet yesterday. Have you seen the cat that roams around here?"

It's been a while since you've seen the feral little feline that you had worked so hard to coax and befriend by feeding it every afternoon, taking your time before you approach it.

However, lately, the cat has been out of your radar these days and you don't want to be such a pessimistic person by jumping into conclusion that something terrible happened to it.

"No." He shakes his head and plop down the seat behind the cash register. The male pick up his notebook and resume on reading his notes where he left it before he helped you just recently.

"Oh, is that so..." you trailed off, spirits deflating a quiet bit due to what he just disclosed. Ever since the words of approval spouted off of your landlord's lips last night, you've been looking forward to adopt the stray cat and make it your own little furry company in your lonesome house.

For a long while, you've been pleading your landlord to allow you to adopt a pet although it's strictly prohibited to have one. But when the day came that everything is finally all settled, your feline friend really just have to be nowhere to be seen.

Glancing up from his notebook, Akaashi quickly notes the depletion of your mood that you're trying not to show. He part his mouth to console you. "I'm sure it'll come around, Y/N-san. Don't worry."

Appreciating his effort to make you feel better about the situation and uplift your spirits, you regard him with a tiny smile. "Yeah, I guess so."

In order to at least drift your mind off the whole cat thing, you traipse towards the supply closet underneath the stairs to go get the spray bottle that's filled with soapy water, and as well as the chamois.