Chapter 44 : Sunset

please prepare some tissues pt.1 !!

Taehyun wakes up to the loose of warmth. He trails his hand on the bed only to find out that the space beside him was empty and cold. Panicking, he immediately sits up ; heavily breathing and eyes going everywhere looking for a certain ravenette in his mind.

"Hyung?"

He calls out. No one answers him. He jumps out from his bed, hissing in pain since his lower back still hurts. Nonetheless, he walks around the room searching for his boyfriend but to no avail. Just then he looks at the window, it was opened a little bit making the cold wind enters his room.

His heart started picking up it's pace as he brings his toes around, dashing out from his room, running down the stairs while calling Beomgyu's names multiple times which felt like bilions of times only to get no answer back.

Taehyun switches on all of the lights inside the house. The living room was empty, there was no sign of Beomgyu been there. He runs towards the kitchen, but it was empty.

"Beomgyu hyung?!"

Taehyun called out for his lover, panicking for his life. Mrs.Kang came out from her room with her husband beside her, rubbing their eyes. She flinches as she heard something fell from the kitchen and both of them sprint towards the kitchen only to find out Taehyun was panicking, screaming a certain name ; a broken plate could be seen on the floor.

"Taehyun!"

She called. Taehyun turns his head around. Mrs.Kang's eyes widen. His son's eyes were puffy, cheeks tinted red and the tip of his nose is red as he was hiccuping. She immediately engulfs her son into a warm hug ; caressing the silvernette's back gently as Taehyun sobs into her shoulder.

"What happened, sweetheart?"

She asked. Taehyun buries his head deeper into the crook of his mother's neck, sobbing harder while clutching on her silk pajamas.

"Beom *hiccups* gyu *hiccups* hyung *hiccups* left me"

She glance at her husband.

"Hey, kiddo. Call him, he has a phone right?"

Taehyun raises his head a bit, sniffing. Nevertheless, he nods.

"Go, call him. Maybe he didn't left"

His stepfather said. Hearing that, Taehyun turns on his feet accidentally ignoring his mother's call. Mrs.Kang sighs, shaking her head as her husband wraps his arm around his wife's waist ; plastering a smile. Mrs.Kang looks at him.

"He's just worried about his friend"

She heard her husband said. Mrs.Kang suspects something in Taehyun's behaviour earlier but shrugging it off thinking that her husband's words might be true.

On the other hand, Taehyun walks up the stairs sometimes tumbling in between his steps making the pain in his lower back worse ; but he didn't care. Beomgyu's whereabouts is more important than just a minor pain after sex.

He runs towards his bed, scrambling everywhere for his phone and as soon as he found it, he taps on the contact app proceeding to call his boyfriend. He's expecting for Beomgyu to answer but the opposite happened. He heard Beomgyu's phone ringing on the desk. Taehyun's phone slips from his hand to the floor, eyes prickling with tears as he slowly takes Beomgyu's phone from the desk. His breathing becomes irregular.

Thousands of thoughts that could possibly happen to Beomgyu playing in his mind ; the image of Beomgyu surrendering himself, the image of Beomgyu running away without even saying goodbye and the image of Beomgyu getting kill. He taps on the red button declining the call as Beomgyu's lockscreen wallpaper displayed before Taehyun ; a picture of him crouching down while stirring the pebbles with his fingers at the bus station.

Precious.

Tears unconsciously once again streaming down his puffy cheeks. He opens the lock and saw the app notes was opened. Although his vision is a little blurry due to his tears, he could still see some sentences were written inside the notes app.

Sunshine,
please don't hate me.
I love you so much, my love.
You are my sunshine, my one and only sunshine.
My darling.
My everything.
My Taehyun.
My Kang Taehyun,
How I wish we could be together forever.
What a shame, we were destined to meet but not to be together forever.
Before I go, I want you to know, my heart would always belong to you.
The love we had shared was beautiful.
I'm afraid, that I might hurt you by doing this.
But, what started must be done.
I'm going to kill the Kims and goes back to Weolhwa. Please, stay right there. Okay? Don't search for me, do you promise?
I love you.
by,
your Choi Beomie kkyyuuuuu <3

Taehyun fell on his knees, hand clasping on his mouth as he sobs his eyes out. He brings Beomgyu's phone to his chest, sobbing.

"You fucking idiot"

He said in between his sobs. Taehyun takes his phone, staring sadly at his own lockscreen ; a picture of Beomgyu doing his homeworks. He got up by the support of his bed. He decided to look for Beomgyu. He walks downstairs, glancing at his mom and stepdad on the couch ; cuddling.

"Hyunie?"

His mom called.

"Where areㅡ Hyunie! Kang Taehyun!!"

She called, but Taehyun was already gone from her sight, walking out from the house with two phones in his hands ; one Beomgyu's and one is his own.

He unconsciously walks through the dark atmosphere around him. His phobia of the dark are long forgotten as he eagerly walks his way to? Taehyun doesn't know either. Beomgyu didn't leave any clue behind. He keeps walking and walking until he reaches a foreign building he had never seen before.

Huge, castle-liked building.

Dark.

Very little source of lights.

Eerie.

Scary.

But Taehyun, muster up his courage and enters it. His mind is blank and all that he thinks about is, his boyfriend ; Choi Beomgyu. But he regrets it the moment a hand clamps on his mouth as the person drags him further inside the building as the phones fall from his hands.

Just then, someone came out from the dark ; eyes glowing yellow-orangeish as the figure smiles sinisterly. The same inhuman figure picks up one of the phones from the ground. Taehyun's phone. A smirk plastered on his face as he taps on the contact app and found another person's number ; 'Kai's father' written on it. The person he has been looking for. Tapping it, as the inhuman thing brings the phone closer to its ear.

"Hello, Tae?"

The voice on the other line said.

"Hello, there... Nabil"