Chapter 28

They have already been seated in separate chairs and tables, the Professor has already cast a spell on them to prevent them from cheating. To Charlotte's surprise, the test was everything that she taught to her students. Hoping that they would ace this test.

Tuesday, it was math. All the formulas were also taught by Charlotte. She had already memorised the equations for the test. All the formulas she taught her students were also engraved in her head.

Wednesday, language. They had to write a 3000 word essay In 2 hours. Luckily, Charlotte had taught them a lot of great sentences that could used in times like this. All the grammar lessons too. Charlotte had already finished her essay with her insane writing skills.

Thursday, now this was the start of a real challenge. They had the students go through the obstacles only knights would take. Of course, the course was definitely way more advanced for average students. Fear not, Charlotte has trained them more than this.

Friday, the last day of the exam. Their prediction was correct, first years had to burn and regrow the baobab tree. It was almost 100 feet tall and it was really hard to grow back into a healthy tree. They did struggle but eventually got it. Charlotte took a big ball of flames to burn the tree, regrowing it wasn't any easier though. She had to use a lot of mana to regrow it. It was successful which was a good sign. She glanced at some of her students, they were also doing well. All the teaching paid off.

Days after the examinations, the students were all anxious but Charlotte had a gut feeling that they did good. If not, all her teaching would've went down the train which she didn't believe would. She trusted her students.

After the day off class, the teachers announced that their grades have been distributed. The students all ran to check the school board. Surprisingly, all of Charlotte's students had gotten above 400. Even the professors were surprised from this news. That many people gained a score above 400? That wasn't all, Charlotte got an astonishing 500 points. It was the first time in history. The head mistress was as proud as ever.

The professors asked the students what their secret was to their success for over 400 points, they all had shared the same answer, "Professor Charlotte." The word spread all around the academy. It was heard from high and low that Charlotte has been teaching them all this knowledge. Students from different years were eager to learn from her. Although, since finals were already over she refused as she wanted to enjoy her break.

Charlotte at the student council room,

"Woohoo! Congrats on over 400 points guys, especially Damon. You did absolutely great in the sword training exam."

"Thank you, it's all thanks to you though!"

"Shall we go celebrate with my other students?"

"I don't see why not."

The students of the student council head to the cafeteria where they were greeted by students of Charlotte. They all sat down and drank till their hearts content.

"Cheers to Charlotte!" They all yelled. They all were on cloud nine from their own results.

The next day, the head mistress has called upon Charlotte to follow her up on the stage.

The head mistress gives her speech,

"As you all know, finals week is over. I hope you all enjoy your break after today. You will finally be free and will be able to visit your family. Next off, I am proud of each and every one of you for getting good scores, this is a new record of people receiving points above 400. I'd also like you reward a certain somebody who have helped you open a new light and turned over a new leaf. Please welcome Charlotte Alpheus."

Charlotte was shocked as she didn't expect a reward for teaching. She got beside the head mistress and the head mistress gave her a shining mana stone. It was one of the most expensive luxuries a person could have.

The students cheered and wowed as they saw a mana stone in live action. It was a beautiful stone that glowed bright. They all applauded and were happy that class was finally over for a few months.

Charlotte and Asher had decided to visit their home after months of not being there. They called a carriage and sat there silently till they got home.

"Asher my baby!" Mother yelled running up to him. She glanced at Charlotte with an awkward smile.

She didn't think any of it though and went straight to the kitchen.

"Hi guys."

"Charlotte!" The staff and chefs exclaimed excitedly.

"You're back from the academy, I haven't seen you since forever." One of the maids say.

"Yeah, it's been so long. I'm glad to be back."

"Mhm, do you want some fresh food we prepared awhile ago?"

"Sure. I'm starving."

The chef handed Charlotte a plate of freshly cooked beef Wellington. It looked delightful, the taste was the same.

"Yum! You never fail to make delicious food." Charlotte says and smiles at the chef, finishing the meal and waving to them.

Emilia jumps onto Charlotte, clinging onto her.

Oh my.

"Hi Emilia, long time no see."

"Mhm! I was pretty down when I failed the entrance exams but I'm glad you're back."

"I've seen you have somewhat matured?"

"I try. Father and mother told me to become more like you."

"Don't. You should do what you want, just be respectful about it."

"Okay!"

-

Charlotte was hanging in her room while sipping on some tea, it was nice to dress up once in awhile without wearing her uniform. A maid came in to inform her,

"Miss Charlotte, the duke has requested for your presence."

What is it this time?

Charlotte walks to the Duke's office and sits,

"So?"

"The prince of Wynknight has offered your hand in marriage."

"I refuse."

"But"

"No, I said. I refuse."

Charlotte walked out of the room angrily without giving him a second to speak.

Hah? Marriage when I slaughtered your knights and threatened your father right in front of you. I'm not a fool.