Last Game movie (part two)

I'm late to update again; so sorry!! But, we're (slowly) getting into the main parts of the movie!

Thank you so much for your comments and suggestions in the previous chapter! They've really helped me get good ideas for the Vorpal Swords match. Unfortunately, I decided to leave Karasuno out for this one (since I think they'd have to go back to Miyagi), but I will add Nekoma and the two owls from Fukurōdani. Stay tuned for that in future chapters!

Thank you all so much for your votes as well!

***

Reference:

Team Jabberwock:
#4 Nash Gold Jr. (Captain) - PG
#6 Nick - SG
#7 Allen - SF
#8 Jason Silver - C
#12 Zack - PF

 (Captain) - PG #6 Nick - SG #7 Allen - SF #8 Jason Silver - C #12 Zack - PF

***

"So, you'll be staying for a basketball game?" Takeda-sensei asked when Ai joined to have lunch at the adults' table. Today, Karasuno was driving back to Miyagi in the evening.

"You're still doing basketball? I thought you switched to volleyball and sadō," Ukai said, sitting across from her, and took another bite of food.

"Sadō?" Coach Nekomata gave a hearty laugh. He sat beside his old rival's grandson. "That explains your tranquility and manners."

Ai hid her pink-tinted cheeks as Naoi hummed thoughtfully her on her right.

She wasn't used to getting compliments, even while she accomplished feats people normally couldn't fathom, all for the sake of her team members. Though Ai was as talented as a manager as the Generation of Miracles were in basketball, managers who worked backstage didn't get recognition very often.

Added onto that, like with Akashi, people were sometimes too intimidated to talk to her.

"I think I heard something about a spontaneous match tomorrow at the big stadium in the city," the younger coach for the cats recalled.

"And, you'll be managing one of the teams playing? Takeda-sensei must be proud to have such a talented manager like you," Coach Nekomata said, making her club advisor smile. "Almost makes me want to keep you for Nekoma," he half-joked.

"What do you think? Would you consider?" Nekoma's other coach played along. He smiled, but she knew he didn't expect her to answer.

Ukai fell for it nonetheless. "Naoi! You know she's our manager!"

"Come on! You guys have two others," Coach Naoi bantered with the former setter.

Amidst it all, Ai quietly thought to herself, 'I think I'd rather transfer to Rakuzan, if I were to change schools at all'.

As they were finishing eating, Daichi called her name. "Hey, Ai."

She turned around to see him with Sugawara, Yaku, and Kuroo.