Chapter 29

While Charlotte was walking out the Duke's office, a familiar face came by. The crown prince of Wynknight, Louis. They made eye contact, Charlotte obviously looking displeased.

Why's he here?

Charlotte kept walking, avoiding him. Louis attempted to grab her arm but failed. He called out.

"Wait!"

Charlotte paused and said,

"I only met you for a brief moment. I don't plan on marrying you. Good day."

Charlotte walked to the garden to get fresh air. She saw a small girl under a tree. She had pastel pink hair and golden eyes. She looked upset, Charlotte pitied her and went up to her. She was adorable and looked around the age of 10.

"Hi little girl. Anything wrong?"

"My balloon I got from the capital got stuck in the tree."

Charlotte saw a balloon of a dog and used mana to lift it up from the tree to grab it. She returned the balloon to the little girl. She burst out of joy.

"Thank you so much!" She squealed.

"You're welcome."

"Come sissy, let's have a chat!"

"Sure."

They had a wonderful chat and a maid came up to us looking worried.

"Isabella! I couldn't find you anywhere! You worried your parents. Come on!"

"Thank you miss Charlotte for taking care of her."

So her names Isabella.

"Can sissy come too?"

"Sure, I'll follow you."

Both girls followed the maid to Isabella's parents. She jumped to her parents with her arms wide open. Charlotte had recognised him, he was the king of Wynknight.

That's... his daughter? I knew she looked familiar.

Charlotte stared awkwardly at the family of four. She gives a curtsey and walks away.

"Wait." The king said.

Charlotte froze, Charlotte's family came from behind and stood next to Charlotte.

"What's the matter, your majesty?"

"About that marriage..."

"I'm sorry, I refuse."

The young girl told her father,

"Daddy daddy! That lady is very kind she helped me get my balloon out from the tree. She also called me a cute child!" She says while having a big smile on her face.

Not the right time.

"Why is it that you have declined my son's proposal?"

"I've only just met him for a short period amount of time, I only see him as a friend."

"You can get to know him?"

...

Can't you respect my decision? Gosh. So many unnecessary questions.

"I.."

Think Charlotte. Think.

"I have a lover."

I HAVE A WHAT? Charlotte panicked.

"Oh, I see. Well have a good day, my family will be returning to our inn to stay."