༒chapter thirteen༒

When we get on the Isle we keep driving our bikes, not even bothering to try and move out of the people in our way

When we get on the Isle we keep driving our bikes, not even bothering to try and move out of the people in our way. I flip the people off as they glare at us.

We stop at a poster of Ben and Mal. She stares at it as I take my goggles off my face and breath in the air. "It smells good to be back," I breath, putting the goggles back on as Mal grabs the poster and rips it.

We drive to the old hangout and throw rocks at the 'Danger flying rocks' sign. The door moves up and we go upstairs.

I flop down on the couch and sigh. "I am never complaining about this place ever again."

Mal moves a few things around before heading toward the door. "Come on," she says.

I sit up. "But we just got here," I whine.

"We're going to Curl Up and Dye."

"Ooh!" I say, hopping up and following after her.

We walk into the shop and look around while Dizzy, who's listening to music on her headphones, is sweeping the floor. She does a little dancing thing, which makes me chuckle.

She stop sweeping and looks up at us with a surprised face. "Harper! Mal!" she exclaims, taking her headphones off.

"Is Evie back too?"

"As if," I laugh.

"Sorry, Dizzy, we forgot that you guys don't open until midnight," Mal says. Dizzy nods.

"I like what you've done with the place," I say, looking at all the décor. Dizzy chuckles.

"Has your grandmother given you any customers yet?" Mal asks.

"Ah, just a witch here and there," Dizzy replies. "Mostly it's scrubbing and scouring and sweeping. Lots and lots of sweeping."

"I guess you get the Cinderella treatment, huh?" Mal asks.

"Yeah," Dizzy agrees. "She's gone from wicked stepmother to wicked grandmother."

"That's not really much of a switch," I laugh.

"Hey, Dizzy," Mal says. "You used to do Evie, right? And you'd do Harper every once in a while?"

"Yeah, I thought of the little braids," Dizzy says, smiling proudly.

"You have any ideas for me?"

"Dizzy, you wanna have another customer?" I ask.

She smiles brightly at both of us, making an angle with her hands as she looks at the two of us. She walks up to Mal. The blonde with washed out purple tips? The best of no worlds. You can't see where your face ends and your hair begins." I chuckle. She turns to me. "Not bad. I think we could do better. Definitely need a brighter blue. And why the brown? It looked so much better with black.