Chapter 15 - The Marauders' Evil Plan

The three Marauders had failed to see James after dinner due to the very stubborn portrait Veela. Sirius had tried the seductive approach, which had seemed to be working until Peter opened his big mouth and ruined it.

The platinum-blonde girl had then turned back to the large mirror that she sat in front of, and turned her perfect nose up at them. Sirius had then gone for the calm approach, and when that presented no results, the anger took over.

After his colourful outburst of insults, he had turned and stormed away, deciding that he hated the whole Veela situation, and cursing them all to hell.

Not literally.

They had gone back to the Gryffindor common room, where Sirius finally decided to tell them what he had thought for revenge. The plan would be very distressing for both of them, Remus had wisely pointed out, and it would hurt Lily a lot.

'But it will make her see what he's like!'

'Padfoot...' Remus started tentatively, 'you do know that you act the same as him sometimes...don't you?'

'This is different!' he had snapped back, 'This is about Prongs, Moony...he obviously needs help with this, and Reede needs some ass-kicking anyway.'

Remus paused and rested his chin on his hand, 'What about Lily?'

'What about her?' Sirius asked, standing up.

'Sirius,' Remus sighed, 'this isn't some prank that we just do; this is messing with people's feelings...Lily...well, could you live with what she'll go though?'

'Yes!' he answered quickly, 'Because it'll be better in the long run...and then James can swoop in after the damage has been done.'

Remus stayed silent but kept his wolfish eyes on his best friend, a single thought running quickly through his head, 'You can't tell him about this.'

'What? Why?'

'Because...' Remus began, standing up as well, 'if Lily somehow finds out that we did this, then she'd hate James if he's involved.'

Sirius paused as if analysing the idea then nodded his head.

'Padfoot?' Peter mumbled and looked up at the Marauder, biting his lip slightly, 'I don't know if I feel comfortable sabotaging their rela...'

'Shut up!' Sirius snapped, silencing the Gryffindor and looking around the room, 'Someone could be listening!'

Peter didn't continue in finishing his sentence, and he looked at Remus who just shrugged and flopped back onto the large, squishy sofa. Sirius looked back at Wormtail after acknowledging no one was in the room, and replayed the words he said. His brow furrowed as he pieced together the next part of the comment he was about to make, and stepped towards the smaller boy.

'Don't you dare pull out of this!' he hissed at him, 'we are in this together...ok?'

Peter nodded quickly, and Remus shifted his gaze over to his friend. His sharp eyes took in the two boys. Sirius' tall, dark frame looming over Peter's small, weak one, and making him tremble a little. Sirius could look truly menacing when he wanted to, and he delighted in the fact that it worked so easily on Peter. The smaller boy saw Sirius and James as some kind of gods, and it amused Remus slightly because he saw them as they were. He pitied Peter occasionally, as he was usually on the end of their jokes...but only occasionally.

The Pack always picks out the weak...it's natural.

Sirius finally turned back to him and voiced his opinion on how the plan should go ahead. Remus had to give him credit, he had thought this through immensely and it was good. It was merciless...but it was good. Remus only hoped that James was as good at comforting as he was a Quidditch.