Chapter 2: Girl Of Steel

Nana's POV

Later that night, after his fight with Sukuna, Gojo sensei dropped me and Megumi at the Sugisawa General Hospital to get our wounds treated. After that, he met up with Itadori at the crematorium where the funeral of the teen boy's grandfather took place.

At first, I didn't know what sensei told Itadori to convince him enough to travel with us to Tokyo and join the Tokyo Jujutsu High, but from Megumi, I later learned that our sensei explained the whole situation to Itadori; like how the jujutsu elders decided to have Itadori executed but Gojo sensei was able to plead Itadori's case and had his 'sentence' suspended.

Sensei told Itadori that he had potential as a vessel for Sukuna, so therefore he could be used to consume the curse and should eat all twenty of Sukuna's fingers. Doing so would be of value to Jujutsu Tech, so Gojo sensei convinced the higher-ups not to execute Itadori until he had devoured all the fingers.

Now, we were all back in Tokyo and Gojo sensei took Itadori to meet up with Principal Masamichi Yaga. Before Itadori could be accepted into the school, he had to face an interview with the Principal, and what I knew was our hard-ass Principal would probably test him; to test him to see if he was worthy or not to be a part of Tokyo Jujutsu High.

I let out a sigh and quietly walked through the hallway of our dorm. I reached Megumi's room and slightly opened the door before peeking in. Just as I thought; he was sound asleep. I smiled a bit to myself and walked into the room. I quietly closed the door behind me and slowly made my way toward Megumi.

Megumi was laying down on his right side while covering his body with a large warm blanket with his eyes closed and fast asleep. He looked so peaceful at that moment. I carefully reached out and brushed off the bangs from his forehead to take a better look at his face. I swear to god, Megumi just had the finest eyelashes I had ever seen. His eyelashes were even bigger and more beautiful than mine.

My gaze then traveled from his flawless face to the bandages that were wrapped around his arms. These bandages reminded me of the night we fought those curses. I let out a breath and quickly moved my hand away from Megumi's hair. I clenched my fists as feelings of disappointment and anger started to flow into me; first Megumi got injured and now Itadori had to become a vessel for Sukuna. If I was strong enough, probably I could've protected both of them.

But, what's done is done and nothing could be changed even if I wanted to.

I then quietly walked out of Megumi's room and closed the door behind me. At that moment, I noticed that someone had already settled down in the empty room right beside Megumi's and it was the pink-haired teen, Yuji Itadori.

I walked up to his room and saw the door was slightly open.

"Hey, Yuji." I called out with a smile as I knocked on the door, alerting him of my presence.

Itadori, who was hanging up a poster of Jennifer Lawrence on his wall, quickly turned around to look at me.

"Oh, it's you, Nana. Hi!" he greeted back with a wide grin on his face.

I smiled and walked into the room.

"So, you're settling down. Did you like your room?" I asked.

"Yeah! This place is huge!" he gushed, looking around the room in awe.

"How did the interview go?" I asked.

"Perfect!" Itadori replied and gave me a thumb's up before a worried expression clouded on his face. "But the Principal was kinda scary though. He was making cute stuffed animals, you know!"

"And I guess you had to fight with one of those toys?" I asked with a teasing smirk.

"Don't make me recall it again." He sighed, placing a hand on his face.