Chapter 3: Megumi & Nana VS Sukuna

Nana's POV (A few days later)

Right now my team and I were on a mission with the assistant manager of Tokyo Jujutsu Tech, Kiyotaka Ijichi. We were led to the source of the curse, an empty juvenile detention center that held a curse womb. Ijichi took the time to explain the scenario to us.

It was lightly raining outside as we stood at the main gate of the empty juvenile detention center.

"Our window verified the Curse womb three hours ago. Once 90 percent were successfully evacuated, they made the call to seal off the center. Citizens within a 500-meter radius have been evacuated, as well." Ijichi mentioned.

"Ijichi-san, question... What's a "window" here?" Yuji asked, raising a hand.

"A window is a member of Jujutsu High who can see curses. They aren't sorcerers, though." Ijichi replied.

"Oh, okay." Yuji muttered.

"Let's continue. Detainee Block 2... At present, five detainees remain three with the Curse womb. If this curse womb is the type that metamorphoses, we predict it will become a special-grade cursed spirit." Ijichi went on.

"Hey, so...I still don't really understand what 'special-grade' means." Yuji chimed in.

This made Megumi and Nobara sigh in disapproval.

"Then let me explain it to you really quick. First, there's grade 4; a wooden bat is enough for them. Grade 3; if you have a handgun, you can rest easy. Grade 2; it'll be a close call with a shotgun. Grade 1; even a tank may be insufficient. Then there's a special grade. Let's say you might be on even footing if you carpet bomb it with cluster bombs." Ijichi explained.

"That's really bad!" Yuji commented.

"Normally a jujutsu sorcerer on par with the cursed spirit would take on the mission. On a day like today, that would be Gojo sensei." I stated.

"I see. So where is Gojo sensei?" Yuji asked, looking around.

"Away on business." Megumi replied.

"Huh?" Yuji asked in confusion.

"He's not someone who should be loafing around at the school in the first place." Megumi sighed in annoyance.

"Unfortunately, we're constantly short-handed in this business. You'll often have to undertake missions beyond your power. The current case, however, is an abnormal one, and most urgent. Do not fight under any circumstances. If you encounter a special grade, your options are to either run or die. Please just listen to your fears. Do not forget that your mission here is strictly the verification and rescue of the survivors." Ijichi explained the situation further.

Then suddenly, an unfamiliar voice called out from afar.

"Excuse me!"

We looked around and saw a woman who was within a crowd of civilians that were held back by the officials.

"Excuse me, where's Tadashi?! Is Tadashi...is my son Tadashi all right?!" she asked worriedly.

I noticed Yuji was staring at the woman, feeling very sorry for her. Ijichi walked over and stood in front of Yuji, his back facing him, blocking his view.

"She's a guardian who was here for a visit." Ijichi said to Yuji before he looked at the crowd. "Please step away. There's a possibility that someone has spread poisonous gas throughout the center. We cannot share any more details at this time."

"No... Why?" the woman broke into tears and fell to her knees. "Why is this happening?!"

Seeing her tears, Yuji cracked the knuckles of both his hands and spoke up.