Chapter 5: A Woman Like Her

Nana's POV

It had been two weeks since Yuji came back to life and went into hiding for the next two months. And no one except for me, Gojo sensei, Shoko sensei, and Ijichi knew about this. With the Goodwill Event on the way, I was using most of my time properly, preparing myself to get stronger in order to win the event no matter what.

I summoned the black beast Rashomon from both of my hands and started to change their shapes from gigantic clawed appendages to tendrils, spikes, and even spider-like webs.

"Looks like you can control the Rashomon now, huh?"

Dissolving Rashomon, I turned to look around and saw Gojo sensei, in a long-sleeved white t-shirt and black jeans, standing a few feet away from me with his hands shoved into his pockets and a smirk dancing on his face. Right now, I was at the dojo inside the Tokyo Jujutsu High campus, working on my fighting skills with two of my cursed techniques; Rashomon and Hellflame.

"You always faced problems in controlling it when you first summoned it from your body." Sensei added, walking up to me.

"Yeah... Now, I can fully control it without any issue." I smiled.

"What about the Hellflame?" he asked.

"Well, I can use the Hellflame in several different techniques now. I can shoot a blast of fire at my desired target or I can create a powerful flaming whirlwind that burns my opponents within its range or I can pull my arm back and launch a scorching arrow of flames at my enemies." I stated.

Gojo sensei walked past me and sat on a chair, leaning back on his seat as he crossed his arms across his chest.

"I see... Well, just so you know, two weeks ago, I faced a curse and he uses lava and fire as cursed techniques. His flames were powerful, but your Hellflame is greater because your blue flames burn at least 2000°C which is way higher and more dangerous than lava and normal flames, which is also signified by its blue coloration. You can do a lot of things with Hellflame and it's up to you to come up with different ideas and moves, Nana-chan." Gojo sensei advised.

I nodded my head in response and looked down at my hands.

"Sensei, the thing is... I'm not facing any problems with Rashomon and Hellflame. Rather the issue lies within my close-range combat skills." I muttered.

Gojo sensei stared at me for a moment before standing up from his seat.

"What's the issue?" he asked. "You need to be more specific, Nana-chan."

"I'm trying to improve my hand-to-hand combat skills, but I'm still struggling with it. Even Sukuna pointed out during our last fight; that I wasn't putting much-cursed energy behind my kicks and punches. And also, my reaction timing is really bad." I sighed, running a hand through my raven locks.

Sensei hummed in response as he quietly listened to everything I said. He walked over and stood in my opposite direction, putting a few feet gap between us.

"Nana-chan... Are you trying to learn the black flash?" he asked.

"You figured it out, huh?" I chuckled.

Sensei chuckled back in response.

"But first I wanna know how much you know about Black Flash?" he asked.

"Well, I know that black flash is a distortion in space that occurs when cursed energy is applied within 0.000001 seconds of a physical hit. When a sorcerer is able to achieve this, their cursed energy flashes black, and the destructive power of their strike is equal to a normal hit to the power of 2.5." I stated.