I Like You

Rowan Pov:
It was around 5:00 in the afternoon and all I have done today was check all of my social media apps on my iPhone8, which I got last night. It was a pretty sweet phone, and could barely fit in my pocket. I was very excited, but I couldn't stop thinking about what happened last night. I couldn't believe that I could access 80% of my brain. I just felt un-human, like a robot. And I don't know if I am or not.

I invited Sabrina over at 5:30 to tell her all about it. Her reaction was confused and frightened at the same time.
"Woah," was all she said.

"Yeah." I said in return.

There was an awkward silence. "Well just know that I'm always here for you Row."

We exchanged smiles, "Thanks Sab."

"Any way," she started. I think she feels weird about all of this, and I don't blame her. "How was your day with Peyton yesterday? Was it... flirtatious?" She rose her eyebrows at me and I sighed. "We're not a thing! I keep trying to tell you that!"

"Rowan! Stop denying it! He obviously loves you, and you obviously love him back."

"He doesn't love me like that! And I don't either!"

"He does too still love you! He loves you so much Rowan!"

I paused. "You think he still loves me?"

"Uh yeah! He talks about you to Bradley all the time. Like if Bradley starts talking about cake, Peyton goes: 'Rowan loves cake.' or something. He brings you up in all of their conversations. He's totally in love." She paused to stare me down. "You guys are perfect for each other, and you need to stop saying that you don't love him!"

I frowned. "It doesn't matter anymore. We decided to be just friends."

Her eyebrows furrowed, "What? You can't be 'just friends' with someone you're madly in love with, Rowan."

I just looked down. She was right.

"Do you love him?"

I thought about that for a second. I DO love him. I've loved him since I got out of the coma. Hence running into his arms when I got to his house. But after that I just felt different, and I didn't want to disappoint him by not being the same me I was when I left.
"I do."

"Then tell him."

1 Hour Later
I'm at the doorstep of Peyton's house and I don't know if I should knock or not. I was scared to tell him how I felt, but I know that I had to do it.

I finally got the courage to knock. After a couple minutes of waiting, someone opened the door. I was surprised to see who was behind it.
"Oh! Hello Mrs. Meyer!"

"Rowan! How are you?"

"I'm good, how are you?"

"I'm great!"

I was surprised about how nice she was being and I just smiled at her.

"Are you here to see Peyton?"

"Oh um yes! I mean, if that's okay."

"Of course you can!"

"Thank you Mrs. Meyer!"

"No, thank you Rowan! Peyton hasn't been this happy since you went in your coma. I didn't know you were that important to him, and I'm sorry if I left the wrong impression with you."

I just smiled and she let me in.

"Peyton's in his room."

"Thank you."

I walked up the stairs to Peyton's room. I could hear some rap music being played behind his closed door. I slowly moved my hand up to the door and knocked. The music suddenly stopped and Peyton opened the door.

"Oh um, hey Rowan." He said as he scratched the back of his neck.

"Hey Peyton. Sorry to bother you but I have to talk to you."

"Oh it's totally fine, I'm just surprised to see you."

I smiled at him and he smiled back. "Oh!" He said, realizing I was still out in the hallway. "Come in."

I went in his room and sat down on his chair and he sat on his bed. His walls were painted blue and he had baseball posters all over them. He had a black comforter on his bed and his pillows were black. The carpet was soft, and all the clothes were picked up and put away. Different from his sixteen year old room, I thought.

"Sooo," he started, "What do you want to talk about?"

"Um," I was scared to tell him how I felt. What if he doesn't feel the same? "I like you."

He smirked. "I know. We're best friends, remember? We shook on it."

I knew what he was doing. He was going to make me say the words. But I don't want to say the words.

"Yeah, but I like, like like you."

He rose his eyebrows. "Saying the words twice doesn't mean anything, Row."

I deep sighed. "You know what I mean Pey!"

He smirked, "No I don't."

I stood up. "Fine. You know what? I'm in love with you, Peyton. I've loved you since I got out of my coma, but I was just scared because of everything that's been happening lately. And I thought that it would be different and that you wouldn't think of me the same because I've changed. I have changed, but I still love you the same as I did when I was thirteen. And I'm so sorry-" I was interrupted when I felt Peyton's lips hit mine.
+++++
Authors Note:
Sorry it took so long to get this chapter out! And it's short oops.

No weird things happening to Rowan in this chapter but there will be next chapter.

But this is so cute.

And thanks for 5k reads love you all!