One-Laconic

I felt the cold steel against my back. My arm draped over my head as I stared towards the painting on the ceiling. My roommate filling the room with her snores above me. I clicked the button on my watch as it lit up, reading the time, "0334." I hummed a little while longer, listening closely to the machine hum of the space station. I had gotten used to it, obviously since I had lived in one room my whole life. But I could still hear the difference between utter silence and this crap they called quiet.

I groaned, flipping the pillow onto my head as I banged the heel of my foot into the steel bunk bed above. She woke up to the sound, swinging her head down to look at the culprit of the noise, me.

Her long brown hair flowing as she hung upside down. "if you don't stop kicking my bed, I will stab you with those things you call paintbrushes." Of course, she was teasing me about my attempt to make art utensils. What? We didn't have many resources here in the skybox. I laughed, flicking her in the nose as she hit me back right in the nose. "Octavia! Go back to sleep!" I scream-whispered, not wanting to anger any guards. Unfortunately, fate did not fulfill my wish as the door swung open, the lights blinding us as they flipped on mercilessly.

"Prisoner 167 and Prisoner 665, Stand up, face the wall.." A guard yelled as Octavia quickly made her way from hanging to flip down to the floor. However, I being my rebellious self, took my time slipping both my boots on, hooking my bra back into place so I wouldn't give the douchebag of a guard a free show.

"prisoner 665, Face the wall. I will not ask you again!!" The guard repeated himself, a little louder this time. I smirked, pulling my faux leather jacket on my shoulders as I spoke for the first time since they barged in, "Oh, I know. I heard you bald eagle." I paused, not being able to resist me making fun of his haircut. Or should I say, lack of? I stood beside Octavia, giving her a wink as she rolled her eyes, smirking at my attitude. The guard placed a box down on the table as he opened it.

"What is that?" I asked, sounding confident as ever. Knowing I was slightly terrified at what was happening. "Quiet. Hold out your right arm." He picked a circular band from the box, opening it. I saw the spikes sticking from the inside. That thing was not going in my wrist. "I don't turn eighteen for three more days!" he ignored me, grabbing my wrist. I snatched it from his grip. Another guard held out an electrocuted baton as he attempted to strike it at me. I ducked, taking it from him as Octavia grinned at me from the corner. Bald eagle tracked toward me slowly. "Back the hell up!" I yelled as I threw the baton at him, rushing out of my cell. The chaos overtook me as I saw everyone being evacuated from their rooms. A blonde girl had the same idea as me as we both escaped the terrifying-looking wristbands. A guard saw me as he yelled, "Hey!! Get back here!" I ran the other way, my chest colliding with a much bigger, harder one. I looked up to see a guard with slicked-back brown hair staring down at me. "Hey, little red. Where are you going?" He asked, smirking. I stuttered, now noticing the tight grip he had on my arms as I attempted to wiggle my way out of them. Finally, he let go of me, quickly scurrying around a corner. I furrowed my brows in confusion, not knowing why he didn't take me where they were taking all my fellow delinquents. That was until I felt a sharp pain in my wrist before I spun around, seeing four guards on one side of me, four on the other. "Come on, boys, do you really think I cant take all eight of you and make it out? Delusional assholes." I smirked, muttering the last sentence. They walked toward me cautiously as a Woman stepped out behind them. "Hold on!" I lowered my fighting stance, not wanting to hurt the frail-looking woman.

She gave me a small smile. "Do I know you?" I asked, suddenly aware of the fact the guards were surrounding me even more now. "I've stitched you up a couple of times. You get into a lot of fights." I was so confused. Why did this woman care? And why was she talking to me in the midst of all this commotion?