17. fight me?

Chapter 17

Vincent Laurent

Three weeks had passed since the brat and I went to Antonio's warehouse. We knew that he was aware of what we had done so when he didn't send any type of message, I was a bit skeptical.

Oriya had healed from her wounds pretty quick. After 2 days she began training in the gym since Kena, Lucas and Sienna refused for her to leave the house. It was hard explaining the whole thing to Ryder and Sarah because they just kept crying at the amount of bruises.

I regret letting her get so bruised and hurt because now all she does is sit in her room and reads a book she bought off Amazon. That made Sarah and Ryder cry to me thinking she's dead.

I fucking wish.

I noticed how Ace didn't call at all, asking about how she was. I knew he knew because Kena called him as soon as she walked through the doors. Kena told me he said to let him know when she was better so she could complete a mission for him. I thought Leo was a terrible father but Ace took the prize.

It was Friday, the day before the ball. Oriya and I decided to go as a group because he already knew we had a truce and there was no point in hiding it anymore. He saw the warehouse footage.

Recently I found out there was a gym in this huge ass house so I've been going down there and working out. Oriya was already there, punching the punching bag. She looked frustrated. She wore black leggings and a black sports bra. Her hands weren't even wrapped.

Her bruises were barely visible anymore. Just the long scar on her arm and eye, but that was fading too.

We made eye contact as she held the bag, she looked me up and down. Her gaze lingered a bit at my abs, probably looking at the tattoos and then she began punching the bag harder. I'll just mind my business. I went over to the weights and began my circuit.

I just finished deadlift when I heard a loud smack echo throughout the gym. I turned around to see the punching bag on the ground and the little menace looking over it with her hands on her hips.

She huffed and turned over to me, "Fight me?"

I should say no. She was just hurt. I've been waiting for a chance to fight her without disobeying rules of truce. I should really say no.

"Yeah." I nodded.

The menace smiled and made her way to the ring in the middle of the gym. I wrapped my hands and she did the same.

"Don't go easy on me." She warned.

"Never."

We circled around twice, not taking our eyes off each other once. She was slightly bent at her hips and it gave me a perfect view of her breasts, hence the intense eye contact. The brat seemed to take that to her advantage and threw a blow at the right side of my face, throwing me off my balance.

"Brat." I mumbled.

I regained my balance and saw her smirking. I punched the left side of her torso, where I knew she wasn't badly hurt.

"Ryder punches harder than you." She scoffs.

I could tell her punches weren't to her full potential for god knows what reasons. I would know, I've been punched by her several times.

"Maybe I'll fight Ryder and find out." I provoked her.

Her jaw and fists clench tighter than ever and she comes forward throwing two punches, one at my face and one at my torso which I dodged.

"Sarah could probably take punches better than you. I'll have to find out." She shrugs.

I threw a right hook at her face and another one right after but she ducked and dodged it. She threw her leg up, kicking my core. I pulled her leg, making her lose balance and fall to the ground on her back.

She tried punching me but I grabbed both her wrists, putting them over her head. I put my legs on either side of her to make sure she couldn't roll out. I didn't punch her. I didn't do anything.

She looked up at me confused, "Punch me. C'mon Vincent."

"What if I don't want to?" I say. The truth is I did. But the ball was coming up and bruises on her wouldn't look good. Especially bruises on her face.

"Then that would be foolish of you." She says as she breaks her wrists free and puts her forearm at my neck. She pushes me off her and onto my back. As she gets on top of me, she punches me right in the face.

Smiling in victory, she looks over to the clock and checks the time. Still on top of me.

"It's time to get ready for the ball." She breathes. Still on top of me.

"I'm aware." I say. She's still very much on top of me. I don't think she realizes.

"You went easy on me because of the ball, didn't you?" She questions, tilting her head.

"Yeah." I nod.

"Whore." She mumbled. Her face suddenly turns an irregular shade of pink and red and her eyes turn wide. She jumps off me like I'm on fire and gets up on her legs.

I get up on my forearms and look up at her, "Took you long enough to realize."

"I'll give you another bruise to match on your torso, shut up." She gulps, still very pink.

"Shut the fuck up." I mumble walking past her, slightly pushing her out of my way. I had a ball to get ready for.

***

After some arguing between Oriya and I we decided Sarah and Ryder will be staying with a babysitter during the time we spend at the ball.

I was done getting read for the most part, currently doing my hair and putting on my rings right now. Guns were never allowed at these things but that still didn't stop me. I tucked my gun into my belt and ran my fingers through my hair one last time.

As I walked out, Lucas and Theo stood outside my door waiting. We barely ever attend these things due to my lack of interest but on the rare occasions that we do go, I wear all black and they wear the same but with a white shirt.

"Ready?" Theo asks.

I nod and we make our way downstairs. The girls seem to already be ready since I heard them downstairs laughing over a joke one of them made. Lucas was ahead of Theo and I, practically running to Kena.

He came to me about a day ago about him and Kena.

flashback

"So, how have you been?" Lucas asks, walking in.

I look up from my paperwork and sigh, "What the fuck did you do this time?"

The last time he asked how I'd been, he blew up one of my houses.

"So you know Kena don't you?" He nervously laughs.

"The one you fucked last night? Yeah I heard."

"She was loud wasn't she?" He grins. I look at him with a raised eyebrow. I don't want to know these things.

"Okay anyway, I know she's the enemy and shit but she talked to Oriya and Oriya said it's fine as long as whatever we have ends after the truce. So I came here to check with you since Oriya isn't the one paying me, you are. So..?" He rambles.

"Ends after the truce. Now get out." I get back to my work.

"So kind to your best friend." He says. I looked up at him and he mumbled a quick apology and left.

flashback over.

Theo and I meet everyone in the living room. Sienna and Kena are wearing the same all black dress. Oriya was in front of the mirror with her hands over a heart shaped locket.

Our eyes locked in the mirror and she turned around. Her eyes traveled around me. I took this time to look at her dress as well.

Her dress was silk and had spaghetti straps thin as paper. There was a narrow V-shaped slit going down between her breasts, near the waist the dress closed in almost like a corset. It was dangerously low cut. The dress had a slit so far up her leg, one wrong move and she'd flash everyone around her. It was a long dress that trailed behind her as she walked.

She looks irritatedly ravishing today.

We made eye contact once again, "Let's get going."