013 STARS

╭───── (🌊) CHAPTER THIRTEEN; STARS

STUDENTS STOOD OUTSIDE THE BUSES CONVERSING, Okinawa was beautiful, they stood just next to a beach and a few buildings showing different restaurants. Keiko couldn't wait until they were allowed on the beach, she could lay in the sun for hours.

"It's time for lunch!" The teacher shouted to the class of students who stood their hungrily. They were taken to a Soba place, and waited eagerly for their bowls to be placed in front of them, once they did everybody dug in.

"So this is Okinawa soba." Nendou said, picking up the bowl and inspecting it "It doesn't look like soba at all." he added.

Yumehara gestured towards the food "It's called soba, but it wasn't made with buckwheat flour." she informed. Nendou didn't seem to mind and tucked in anyway.

Kaidou placed his hands together, holding his chopsticks and bowed his head "Let's dig in." he said in his ippei achisan language making everyone at the table give him a weird look.

"Yes! Ma san!" He cheered, slurping his noodles. "This is definitely ippei ma san!"

"Kaidou I think your overdoing it, just ever so slightly." Keiko told him while giving him a kind but awkward smile, he sounded ridiculous right now but Keiko didn't want to hurt his feelings.

"But Mochizuki since we are in Okinawa, I have to practice my ippei achisan." he argued back before digging into his soba again. "Eat up! It's ma san!" he then notcied how rapidly Mera was scoffing down her food "Mera, you're such a gachi maya!" she only looked up and gave him a nod and focused on her soba.

"Wow, this food is so ma san that I feel like nada soso. Oh, ma san means delicious. Gachi maya means glutton. Nada soso means crying." Kaidou said, wiping away a fake tear.

Teruhashi smiled "That's cool, Kaidou."

"I can't keep up." Yumehara added.

Kaidou then said something else in ippei achisan and soon everyone ignored him until they finished their bowls of soba.

Kaidou bowed again "Thank you for the food."

————————————

After leaving the restaurant, the assigned teams walked down the streets of Okinawa together, one including a group of seven instead of six, Mera looked towards the three other girls "Do you want to look for souvenirs?" she asked, the three agreed and went into a small corner shop that sold range of items much like a gift shop.