Chapter 8: Grace

River is a great person. He brought me coffee this morning in the library and sat with me until it was time for class.

I got so lucky walking into that bookstore.

River watched me read for a while as I ate lunch with him on the bleachers.

We heard the bell ring and both stood up. I gave him a quick friendly peck on his lips as he taught me but he pulled me back to his chest. He took my cheek in his hand to hold my face still.

" Just stay still okay?" He whispered looking at my lips. "I- ok." I nodded. Relaxing in his hands. He didn't give me a friendly kiss as he taught me. He gave me a real kiss, or what I thought was a real kiss he's the only guy I've ever kissed.

His tongue darted in my mouth after I gave him an opening. " Riv..." he hushed me by placing his hand on my butt. He squeezed a little and a weird sound came from me. A blush filled my cheeks but he smirked.

I closed my eyes and relaxed. I was kissing my friend!

He pulled away and I opened my eyes. He was blushing too. " that wasn't a kiss only friends have was it?"

" what is I told you telling you that was just a way of getting you to kiss me?"

I gasped. Why would he do such a thing?

" b-but why?"

" I'll see you later Gracie." He didn't answer my question and walked off the bleachers with a grin on his face.

I huffed and marched down the bleachers.

I was walking to my bus across the street down from the school when I saw River waiting for me at the stop.

" you aren't driving home?" I asked. " left my car at home, I guess I just have to ride the bus, do you mind?" He leaned forward. I shook my head as my mouth was too occupied by my teeth catching my bottom lip.

He let me on the bus first and he got on after. I sat down and he sat next to me. " where you headed?"

" Home... do you want to, come?" I ask. " my parents aren't there so you don't have to meet anyone new!"

" your house?"  He asked. " yes, you don't have to"

It felt awkward walking into my house with him especially after I didn't know if we were still friends. After that kiss, he's looking at me differently.

" your room is not what I expected." He looked around. Touching the stuffed animal on my bed. "Do you not like it?" I fiddled with my fingers. " no it's even better." He turned around and smiled at me.

I let out a breath of fresh air and moved to my desk he was looking at " we could watch tv, I heard of the new movie, it's supposed to be really good...."

" I don't want to watch a movie." He stood up straightly. " oh, well we could..."
" I like you, Gracie."