9

- Megumi POV -

"Like this?" I ask (M/n). He nods and shines the light on my hands. My eyes widen as a white dog appears. (M/n) claps and pet the dog gently. I went to reach for it. It leans its head towards my hand and wags its tail. I smile as I felt the soft fur. I look up at (M/n) and felt his smile underneath his mask. He pats my head and I grab his hand. I crawl on his lap and hug him. His chest felt like a pillow. He wraps his arm around me and lays down. I began to close my eyes as I heard his heartbeat. "I love you...mommy," I whisper. "I love you too, Megumi." I heard a soft voice whisper. I smile and went to a nice dream.

- Toji POV -

I look over and softly smile. I walk over to (M/n) and Megumi. I grab a cover and lay next to them. I put the cover over us and held them both in my arms. I softly kiss the back of (M/n)'s the neck, and drifted off to sleep.

-----

- Naoya POV -

I fell back as (M/n) trip me again. I pout at him. "No fair! I almost had you!" I said. He let out his hand and I grab it. He pats my shoulder and picks up the knife that he took away from me earlier in the three rounds. I take it from him and we went to take a break. I sat down on the grass and look up at (M/n).

I smirk as I noticed him staring at me behind that mask of his

I smirk as I noticed him staring at me behind that mask of his. "You okay, (M/n)? You seem distracted." I tease him. He turned his head forward and shook his head. I chuckle a bit and watch him look over at the clan. I look at his figure and saw how much build he still had. I walk up and my hands on his waist. He jumps at the sudden contact but relaxes again. I put my head on his shoulder. I knew something was off with him. Today, he just felt different. "What's wrong?" I ask him. He shakes his head at me, signaling that there was nothing to worry about. My mouth curves into a frown. "(M/n), you know you can tell me anything, right?" I tell him. He nods and we face each other. "Then, is there something wrong?" I ask. I felt his hand gently grab my head. I felt my face get heated as he got closer to my face. 'Today is the anniversary of my father's death.' He wrote in the shadows. (M/n) never talked about his parents. This was the first time he ever mentioned them. "Oh, I'm sorry for your loss," I said. I held him closer to me. 'It's alright. He's in a better place. Free...free like a butterfly as he used to say.' He wrote next. We both sat down on the grass. The kimono slip off of (M/n)'s shoulders. I never saw anything underneath his shirt after he turned 13. It was strange. I worried that he would overheat on a hot day when he refuses to take off the kimono. He rests his head against my shoulder and takes a small nap. I put my arm around his waist and softly kiss the top of his head. "Sweet dreams, my knight." I hum. I rest my head on top of his and took a nap as well.

-----

- Toji POV -

I look at (M/n) as he was teaching Mai and Maki how to fight. Maki was a fast learner and was catching up to (M/n). Mai on the other hand was having a bit of trouble. (M/n) bends down and gives her a comforting head pat. She smiles up at him and grabs his hand. Maki does the same and they head towards me, Megumi, and Naoya. I hold Maki's other hand while my other hand was holding Megumi's. Naoya grumbles as he held Mai's other hand. I look at us and smile a bit. We look like a loving family. Something that this clan isn't. A thought came to my mind. Would it be so bad to just...run away? Runaway from the Zenin Clan and have our happy life together somewhere else?

-----

I sat next to (M/n) and Naoya sat on the other side of him. "Would it be so bad to run away from this clan?" I ask. The two look at me. "Why would we want to do that? I know that this place isn't the best, but soon I'll be the next leader. I can make things better for all of us." Naoya says. "I understand that, but wouldn't it be easier for all of us to forget about the clan and just think about us only?" I reply. We both look at (M/n). "What do you think?" We both ask him. He sat there and looks at both of us. He looked lost and didn't know what to think. "M-Mommy..." Megumi cries out from his slumber. He crawls over to (M/n). (M/n) picks him up and went to calm him down. Naoya and I look at each other in confusion. "Mommy?" We both ask.