Part 46. 🕊.

I got ready and walked down to the great hall, sitting at my table, my owl swooped down and dropped a letter. She landed on my forearm and I gave her a treat. Soon after she left, I grabbed alerted and opened it. It was addressed to me from....my brother? I looked at the letter, it was stained with water droplets, did he cry or was he writing it in the rain?

Dear Elizabeth,

I have some bad news and I don't know if you would actually read this. First I want to say thanks for inviting me to your wedding, I was surprised when you did, considering how rude I have been and all. Now to say what I really I came to say. I don't know if you care at all but, mum and dad are dead. I hope you will come to the funeral, it's a few days after you finish the year. I love you and miss you.

Your brother,
James Potter.

After reading the letter I got up and rushed to the girls bathroom, my breathing was uneven and I felt like I was going to collapse.  Arms wrapped around my waist as I was slowly brought down onto the floor.  "Hey breathe, your okay.  I've got you love."  The words he spoke had a calm and soothing way to them.  Once my breathing had calmed down, he turned me around on his lap, "what's wrong, did something happen?"  My mouth was opening and closing, trying to find the right words to say, but nothing came.  My throat was stretchy and dry, my vision blurry and face stained with tears pooling from the deaths of my parents.  "My parents are dead."  Regulus pulled me back into the tight hug,  "they didn't treat me all that well but they were my parents,  they were still my family."  He whispered sweet things in my ear calming me down.

After my breakdown, he took me to the dungeon of a common room,  ignoring the looks from other students, this is most likely the first time they have seen a  Slytherin's unemotional mask break into something they don't want them to see, something they don't want their families to see, and most of all something they don't want their housemates see.  Once we got into the common room, the sensing of the dark green and black colors calmed me down. 

Reg lead me up to our room and pulled me onto the bed wrapping his arms around me.  "When are they holding the funeral?"

"A few days after we graduate." I didn't even try to meet his eyes as we laid there. Soon blackness had taken over my vision as I fell into a deep sleep.

A few hours later Reg woke me up, "do you want to go to Lunch?" I gave him a soft nod, I put my shoes on and touched up my makeup and hair. Making sure there was no evidence of me crying even though most of the people had seen me in the hallway. We don't have classes anymore since we graduated and finished all our N.E.W.T.S.

As we walked into the great Hall the 3 other houses stared at me and Reg, Reg walked in with his head held high and glared at everyone as they looked at us. His hand gripping mine as if I were to disappear. We sat down on the bench and I just leaned my head on his shoulders. I'm doubting everything we've been doing to obtain the Locket. The Task Lord Voldemort had given us, I knew Reg was doubting that too. The talks of an organization that included my brother was going around. Something with Phoenix in it.

After lunch Slughorn can up to me and Reg,
"Professor Dumbledore would like to speak to both of you, and to share some Sugar Quills." We nodded and headed up to his office, is that what you can call it. Or his room either one, we got to the entrance and spoke the password. We walked until we stopped in front of a large brown door, I stepped forward a little and knocked. "Come in."

We walked into his office to see Dumbledore.
"Professor you asked to see us?"

"Yes, yes I did. As you know This is your last year at Hogwarts. I want to offer you something, now before you say anything I know about your situation and I want to offer a way to get you out, or as some say on the right side." Me and Reg looked at each other before back at the professor.

"How did you know?" He smiles and looks over his glasses.

"I know a lot of things Ms. Potter, or soon to be Mrs. Black. Congratulations on the engagement." He flashes a giddy smile that he usually has with that twinkle in his eyes, a twinkle my brother often had when he was planning something.

"What is this offer you speak of?" I nod my head agreeing with Reg's question.

"I want you to join an organization. It's not involved with the ministry. It's to fight a long side the Dark Lord. And Ms. Potter I do believe your brother is apart as well." I could be free of the Dark Lord. "With Ms. Potter being the Slytherin heir, and you Mr. Black being in a very well respected family you could help spy on the Dark Lord for us. Be someone on the inside, and I can promise if you help we can look for a way to remove the Dark Mark."

I looked to Reg and he looked at me unsure so I spoke for both of us, "Do we have time to think on this?"

"Yes, take the time to think, but I need your decision in the next 2 days. Thank you both for coming." We both nodded.

"Goodbye professor." We walked out the door and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. Everything is moving so fast, my wedding, my parents funeral, I just graduated, and now on top of that Dumbledore wants us to join his little army.

"What are we going to do?" Reg turned his head towards me. He gave the look he usually does when he has made a decision, he knows that I will want that decision as well.

"I think we should tell him tomorrow after Dinner." We walked back to the common room and went to bed. Tomorrow we tell Dumbledore our decision.