03. | ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴀᴅ ʙᴏʏ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʟᴀꜱꜱ

CHAPTER THREE | 03

CHAPTER THREE | 03.
THE SAD BOY IN THE CLASS

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

MORANA woke up a minute before her alarm could go off. She groggily left her bed, earning an evil eye from Hedwig who had used her back as a bed.

Brushing her teeth and trying to make herself presentable was always somewhat done through half-closed eyelids. Getting ready for school was always such a mundane thing for Mor, every day get up at the same time you did a day earlier, put on some clothes that would be socially acceptable, keep your head down and make sure no teacher asks you to walk in front of the class to solve an impossible math problem.

Sluggishly walking down the stairs, Mor suddenly came to a realization that she hadn't seen Tony's ghost since yesterday. Her eyes widened, looking over the living room to see if maybe he was snooping through their collection of Witchs Handbooks. All she saw was Mea's crow, Waldur, sitting near the windowsill, looking over at her lazily before closing his eyes to doze off again.

Suddenly there was a skip in her step.

It wasn't that she didn't want to help Tony's spirit to find peace, it was more like she couldn't imagine going to Malibu to fix a roof or build whatever it was Tony had left unfinished on his workbench.

Mor and science did not do well together.

"Hommikust Mor!" Mea greeted her in her native tongue, pouring out a cup of tea as a plate filled with fried egg sandwiches slowly slid over towards Mor. She nodded back, already stuffing her face with the food.

"I'll be gone for three days, I have some sessions in the town over." Mea announced, leaning back in her rocking chair as Waldur glided over with the sound of shuffling feathers as he landed -not so gracefully- on Mea's shoulder, nearly toppling into her lap as he tried to adjust his grip. The bird looked thoroughly annoyed as Mor stifled a laugh.

"Medium sessions?" Mea replied with a nod, holding up a piece of apple for Waldur.

"Yes, and some old girlfriends thought it would be rather interesting to look up that new casino." Mea said as she now held up the whole apple, letting the crow munch away.

Mor cringed, yeah, by old she meant 150-year-old crazy ladies. She could imagine them all leaving the casino with handbags filled with cash since, well, a witch can't lose in a game if she sees the outcome.

"Good luck then, can you grab me some new shoes while you're there? As much as I love mine, they're falling apart." the girl asked, trying to look as convincing as she could. She really wanted some new shoes.

Mea waved her away, giving a lazy yeah-yeah before pushing herself up with a small groan. Glancing at the antique clock on the wall, Mor stood up, nearly falling over the new plants that had appeared in their living room.