46 - Lights, camera, action

"Open the damn door" bang.

"I know you're in there" bang

I rubbed my eyes, groaning. Who the hell is at the door so early in the morning and what do they want from me? I clumsily got up, nearly falling over in the process. I walked down the stairs as the curses got louder, and ran towards the door. When I opened it, my knees grew weak and almost gave up on me. 

"Lindsay?" my voice came out hoarse, I had just woken up. "Wakey-Wakey Evelyn. You really had me waiting here" she said, giving me her best fake smile. "Can I come in?" she said, although she had already moved past me. "Sure" I muttered, closing the door. 

"What brings you here?" I said, pretending to be friendly towards her. "So I was over at my house, calling Aiden, but he wasn't picking up. You'd tell me if he was here, wouldn't you, Eve?" she said, resting her chin on her palms. 

"Of course, that's what friends are for" I said, but frowned. "But what made you think he was here, love?" I asked. The room reeked of fakeness, tension, and of course, Lindsay's perfume. "I happened to stop by the bar your little friends were at, thinking he'd be there, but a little birdy told me he left to come find you" she said, her voice dropping. 

Oh if I find that damn bird. 

"Whoever it was, they were mistaken. I was with a friend all night, so I'm guessing he went home" I played it cool, ignoring my heart that was about to beat out my chest. "That's great, I'm so happy you found yourself a friend. I hope he makes you as happy as Aiden makes me" she smiled. 

"How sweet of you to say that" a fake smile was plastered on my face, one that screamed 'if only I could tell you'. "Not that I'm not enjoying your company, but I have places to be. Plus, you need to find Aiden, who knows where he ran off to last night" I said, noticing how her smile dropped at my statement. 

"What do you mean" she spoke through gritted teeth, but I kept my composure. "You said you couldn't find him, it was a mere comment" I said, calmly, loving her frustration. My comments seemed to have angered her, as she took a long stride and reached me, grabbing me by the collar and pulling me close to her. "Listen here, honey, I don't need your comments and you better watch your mouth before something bad happens. Am I clear?" she stated. 

I simply chuckled, making her seemingly angrier. "What's so funny?" she asked. "You" I replied. "You're so insecure and you keep making it clearer every time I see you. It's quite pathetic if you ask me." I spoke, surprising both her and myself. 

"You wanna know what's pathetic? The fact that you're in love with someone who would never feel the same about you. The only reason he kept in touch with you was that he's clearly sorry for you. I mean look at me, and then look at you" she laughed. 

I tried not to let her words bring me down, I knew she was just trying to push her insecurities on me, as no confident person would feel the need to make such a comparison. "If you don't need anything else from me, I think it's best if you left. I calmly said, making her smirk. "Sure, I'll give you time to cry in peace" she said, but I chose not to comment on it. 

"Remember what I told you today" she said when she walked out the door. "Lindsay?" Aiden's voice was heard, coming from his front door. "Where have you been? I was looking for you everywhere" she scolded him, walking over to where he was. "At home, I was sleeping" he said, giving me a worried look. "What were you doing at Evelyn's?" he asked, crossing his arms over his chest. 

She put her hands on them, in an attempt to relax him. "Relax, baby. I just went over to see if you were there" she purred at him. "Why didn't you just come over if you couldn't find me? I think I was clear the last time, you won't be going there again" he stated.