51. Dose of Unwanted Events

I blinked at Armani's words, then took a quick look at the time on my phone. Although I hadn't eaten, it was very late to be going out to dinner.

'But Rico is sleeping.' I muttered.

'He's not coming, only 8 of us including you.' He spoke.

'Can we go tomorrow?' I asked, throwing in a yawn to help a rescheduled option.

He looked at me with sympathy and began walking over. 'I'm afraid not neonata, you can sleep in the car.' He then offered his hand to pull me up. I couldn't resist my favourite brother, and the night sounded important so I decided to, very reluctantly agree.

I was rummaging through my suitcase, trying to find something appropriate to wear for a- most likely fancy- dinner. Usually I would throw on a decent pair of jeans with a nice shirt, but nothing so casual was packed. The only remotely uninhibited was the shorts that Juliet and Maria packed.

Eventually, I gave up with the search and picked up a pair of leggings and a short top which I knew would not be approved, the exact reasoning as to why I took my trench coat which was luckily in the suitcase. The temperatures significantly dropped when the sun was no longer in the sky, so I was grateful when I saw the item.

I slipped on trainers and my necklaces, sliding a few gold rings on my fingers as I completed the process. I looked in the mirror and merely surprised myself at how well I managed to make such casual clothes look so surprisingly formal. I combed through my hair and sprayed some perfume, that I was gifted for Christmas, on the back of my neck.

My phone was the last thing I swiped as I walked out of the room, my coat was on and reached my ankles, I made sure I had everything I wouldn't need on me.

I yawned as I descended down the stairs and was met with the lovely Michele who simply nodded as a greeting. He opened the door for me without a word and showed me to a running limousine waiting by the exit gates. I slid in before he did and ended up next to Santiano.

Almost instantly, I leant forward and put my head in my hands, closing my eyes as I found comfort in the now moving car. I drifted quickly but was never able to fully asleep because of the uneven, cobbled roads we travelled down.

I silently wished that it was a longer journey to the place, because I could have rested for a extensive amount of time. My name was repeated as I sat up straight, shocked by the sudden reality check, I shook my head and drowsily replied.

'We're here.'

'Ok, have fun.' I mumbled as I closed my eyes again. I heard a sigh then somebody straightened my body and lightly tapped my cheek. It had to be Luca, his hair was nicely styled and he was wearing a black suit, the same as everyone else. I was glad that I wore a black coat.

'Come on.' He gently urged as we all stepped out of the car, right outside of the restaurant which looked more like a nightclub, the red velvet rope at the entrance, and the bouncer guarding it made me wonder... had my sadistic, overprotective, possessive family taken me to a club?

'It's not a club.' Uncle Sergio winked at me as if he could see my thoughts.

It made sense, whenever we went into central London, the clubs we walked past would have a line of smokers outside, blaring music and spotlights would also make an appearance on the outside of the building.

We all walked to the bouncer who nodded conventionally at the men before him, he was just about to let us walk through the rope when his eyes landed on me.

'Sorry gentlemen, but I need to see the young ladies ID.' He pointed to me as I sighed. Quickly, before anyone could say, or excuse anything, I fished out my fake identification and carelessly handed it to the bouncer who took it without a fuss.