⤷11

note; mana and luna don't exist here. like i said it's an au.

we were standing in front of the cinema, and i pulled my jacket a little closer.

"thank you for a lovely evening, y/n"

"no problem, it was fun" i said and smiled. that wasn't quite the truth. although it had been really nice in the cinema, i had to think about takashi all the time.

ryunousuke grinned and took a step closer. his hands were on my hips as he spoke. "let's do it again."

i nodded hesitantly and saw him lean forward. he smiled and i felt his warm breath on my face. "i really like you, y/n" he said.

"i-i like you too."

he raised an eyebrow. "really?"

i nodded and laughed softly. my whole body trembled with tension as his face approached mine. he leaned forward just slowly enough to give me time to turn away. and that's exactly what i did.

"is something wrong?" ryunousuke asked anxiously, frowning.

"no. i just remembered that i have to go home. i'm sorry," i added, giving him another quick hug and walking down the stairs.

"y/n?," i turned around and looked at him questioningly "i can drive you, you know?" he raised his car keys in the air but i shook my head.

"no thanks, i'll just walk" i let out a bright smile and then walked across the street.

i tightened my jacket a little more and lowered my head as i walked straight ahead. when i reached a crossroads, i stopped, unsure.

was it really a good idea?

go home, a voice whispered in my head, but i couldn't help it. i turned left instead of right and walked along the lantern-lit path.

my legs were shaking from the cold as i followed takashi's directions. after twenty minutes, i turned into a dim-looking street and quickened my pace a bit more when i noticed that it was starting to rain.

i walked another five minutes until i reached a street corner, where i slowed my steps. the house looked old, shabby, and abandoned, but when i looked closer at the mailbox, i realized i was in the right place.

takashi mitsuya was written there in peeling paint, and i gulped as i looked a little closer at the building.

i slowly walked along the path to a staircase leading down. i descended as quietly as i could, and when i reached the end of the stairs, i could clearly hear loud music coming from inside. hesitantly, i raised my hand and knocked three times on the door.

my heart pounded as i waited for him to open, but nothing happened. i knocked again until i saw that the door was only ajar.

i hesitantly pushed the door open and quietly closed it again behind me. music was now blaring as i stood in the dark entryway, and full of surprise, i saw that the walls in here weren't as broken as i would have expected. they must have been freshly painted, but i couldn't tell the color because the light was off. a door opposite me caught my attention. a narrow beam of light came through the crack in the door, so i peered cautiously through the crack and widened my eyes in surprise.

i saw a room about the size of a living room, with a motorcycle standing in the right half of the room and a strange boy lying on a rolling board next to it, apparently tinkering with it.