18 | Caren

"Hey, Jojo, you busy?"

               I peaked in her office after knocking and cracking the door. Her sweet smelling perfume welcomed me firstly. She was in a different outfit from earlier. She changed in a nice, velvet, off the shoulder cocktail dress with a ruffle side drape. She looked as if she was leaving somewhere, and not home.

               "You look edible." I complimented and she chuckled, "Where are you going?"

               "A little...meet up." She responded and glanced at her watch, "in about half an hour. What's up?"

               "Well," I walk in and shut the door, "you're known in our group for keeping it...honest. Brutally honest sometimes, even when we don't ask."

               Joie chuckled softly. "This conversation must be a serious one."

               "I think I ruined me and Jade's relationship and her getting custody of Margo."

               Joie brows lifted. "And how did you manage to do that?"

               I sighed and sat in the chair. "I gave Dia advice the other day about getting her parental rights back..." the expression on Joie's face made me further explain, "Listen I didn't intentionally mean to hurt Jade. You know that. But Claudia's Margo's mother at the end of the day. Yeah, she made her mistakes, but she deserves to be in his life. That accident wasn't her fault. He wanted to go with her to spend time with her. She deserves to at least get supervised visitation. Anyways, she got mad since Claudia filed the papers and put me out her house with my microwave dinner."

               Joie laughed at the mention of microwave dinner. "She was mad then. I mean, I can see it from both views because I know how it feels to grow up in a toxic household with addicts for parents. Jade doesn't technically, but Cairo does. They both want what's best for that little boy because Claudia can fall off the deep end at any moment and hurt him again. They're protecting his heart. But then, I get what you mean. Margo does deserve his birth mother in his life because they don't want him to resent them for keeping her away and not even asking how he feels about it.

               "Supervised visitations would definitely be the best place to start. We all know Claudia was the outcast of the family, so they're gonna make it very hard for a judge to grant anything for her pertaining to Margo. They gonna do everything they can to make sure that don't happen. As far as you and Jade's friendship, let her breathe for a lil bit. You know she going through a bundle of shit right now and looking for someone to put that anger on. She'll come around."