𝟏𝟖𝟎𝟎'𝐬 (𝟏)

Pairings: Wilbur Soot x Reader
Warnings: None
Pronouns: She/Her

——————————

The day was calm and the weather was cool. What a typical life to have been living. In the Sleepy household, almost everything ran the same as every other day. You had Tommy scurrying around, probably pissing his parents off by playing pranks on them along with his best mate, and you had the twins, sat in the eldest's room - conversing, or whatever.

Technoblade drew a cloth over his sword, which gave off a luminescent glow once the fabric was pulled away from it. It was so perfect that you were able to catch a glimpse of your own reflection if you had the fortune to even look at his weapon.

He was sat on top of his bed with his legs crossed, a tray of weapons by his side and a cluster of blades in his lap for him to clean. He was so focussed on making sure the weapons were spotless, ready to draw through his next victim.

And Wilbur had his back rested against the wall right beside Technoblade's bed so that he had a clear view of what his brother was doing. He was doodling in his notebook instead of writing the extract he was supposed to be doing. He always was a procrastinator. You couldn't get him to do what you wanted even if you tried.

His eyes darted around the room in a quick search for things to sketch, hoping that he'd be able to use the image as a reference. And don't get me wrong when I say this, Wilbur is an incredibly talented person, but he kind of lacks in the artistic department. Which is why he always tried his best to look for a image from which he could study.

As he gazed across Techno's neat and kind walls, his eyes stumbled across a portrait he hadn't recognised before. It was about the size of an A5 sheet and it's frame was laced with a golden, metallic shine. It hung right above Techno's desk and was half-shielded by one of the tall candles that he insisted on keeping.

Needless to say, his interest had been caught.

He placed his pencil between the pages of his book and shut it gently, sliding it onto the carpet that was laid out beside him. The floorboards creaked as he rose from the ground, which had caught Techno's attention. He didn't lift his head up, but his eyes travelled to watch Wilbur as he moved from his spot and strode over towards Technoblade's desk.

"Wilbur?" Techno hummed, which Wilbur ignored.

Once he reached the desk, he used his index and middle finger to lightly push the candle out of the way so he could reveal the portrait and pick it up. He brushed away the dust that had caught up on the frame and inspected it carefully.

"Technoblade, why do you have a picture of a lady on your desk?" Wilbur chuckled lightly. Techno's head shot up, but all he could see from his perspective was Wilbur's back. He turned his head back down.

"It's probably just an old photo of mom, don't touch it." He grumbled.

"No, it's definitely not mum..." He muttered just below his breath. "Techno, who is this?" He held up the golden frame. Technoblade squinted his eyes to try and clear his vision just a little bit. The dust that had been swept off the glass had revealed a woman, one of a beautiful complexion and was dressed in a coat and blouse.

"Oh, that is... (Y/n) (L/n)." He hummed when he realised who it was, turning his head back down to go back to cleaning his weaponry.

"Who is she?" He questioned, handling the frame so that he could further intake her beauty.

"You don't know who she is?" Techno furrowed his brows without looking up. "As a man who's interested in his history, I'm surprised you haven't heard of her."