46 | socks

FORTY-SIX. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

it was already seventeen minutes past nine in the evening by the time ymari got back to her hotel, bokuto bidding her goodbye as she entered the premise.

she entered the elevator, clutching onto the thick fukurōdani jacket that bokuto had graciously lent her earlier. the doors closed and she sighed, leaning against the wall tiredly.

her brows knitted together as she thought about how her plans for the night were ruined. she was going to check up on a few clients tonight, despite her being on a break. however, with the doctor's restrictions- she concludes that she may not be able to do just that.

the elevator doors soon opened again, and a certain tall brunette entered. his fox eyes widened by a fraction when he saw the familiar white haired girl shivering against the elevator wall.

"seinaru-san?" he asked.

the girl, who didn't even notice him enter because she was just too tired to be coherent, looked up at the mention of her name. through half-lidded eyes, she recognized the inarizaki middle blocker.

"ah, suna-san." her voice rasped out as she coughed into her sleeve.

he suddenly remembered the conversation between the miya twins that he overheard earlier today before their last spring nationals game began- this girl is ill. he went over to her side with worried eyes.

"hey.." he touched her forehead. "you're burning hot. have you taken any medicine?"

"yup." she sniffled, covering her already-masked face with her handkerchief. "i just got back from the hospital. the doctor gave me prescriptions."

"ah, thats good." the middle blocker nodded. "why did you go there alone?"

"i didn't." she coughed into her sleeve again. "i was with ko-chin."

suna blinked, 'who on earth is ko-chin?'

he noticed that she was wearing a fukurōdani jacket and wondered where she got it from.

"let me take you to your room."

he sighed, pushing all of that to the back of his mind as he went over to her side, carefully holding her shoulders.

seinaru's eyes flashed as she heard someone say something from her side, a wave of nostalgia crashing onto her like a tsunami.

"he's gonna be alright." she felt the shadow of nostalgic hands drape a coat over her shoulders and pat her back.

her eyes quickly snapped towards suna who didn't even open his mouth— he didn't say those words. she looked and he did have his hands over her shoulder blades but, those weren't the same hands she felt just now.