Chapter Twenty Two

It's been weeks now since Severus told Clarice everything he never wanted to, things were starting to look up. He had started brewing the potion needed to revive those that were petrified, but it was a very tricky potion. Nothing he couldn't handle, but still complex. 

He had almost completed it when Albus informed him Ginny Weasley had been abducted and brought into the chamber. The teachers were currently trying to figure out a plan to save her. Of course, Gilderoy was a cocky git so they volunteered him to go after it. 

"Now that the git is gone, let's try and figure this out." Minerva said while sipping on a cup of tea to try and calm her nerves. She wasn't aware Severus had slipped a little calming drought into it.  Nearly two hours had gone by and they thought they had finally figured out a plan. Severus had excused himself to check on the potion. It was finally finished. He bottled it up and brought it up to the infirmary for Poppy. 

"Poppy, it's all completed." He handed her a few vials and she immediately went to her students while she let Severus handle Clarice. 

He was able to get the potion to go down smoothly and waited patiently. He sat there with his head in his hands while silently praying to whatever god would listen to him.  

"Se-" She croaked and couldn't finish her sentence. Severus' head shot up immediately and reached for her hand. 

"Claire, darling, I'm right here." He said and kissed her knuckles. 

"You-" She tried talking, but couldn't get her voice to work. 

"Don't talk dear," He hushed her and she sat up. She grabbed his wrist and pulled up his sleeve to reveal his dark mark, slightly faded, but it was there. 

"I can exp-" He tried, but this time it was her turn to hush him. 

"You don't have to. I know. I remember you telling me." She said finally finding her voice while pushing his sleeve back down. 

"You're not scared?" He asked her and she shook her head no. 

"Do I have a reason to be?" She asked him. 

"Never." He said. She swung her legs out of the bed, feeling a little embarrassed of her attire. Severus seeing her change of posture, stood up. 

"Poppy tried putting normal clothes on you, but it was a little difficult being you couldn't move your limbs. The hospital gown was necessary." He said. "I figured you would want some normal clothes to leave in."

"Thanks, I wouldn't want to show off my butt to everyone." She laughed. Severus handed her a dress and sweater and left her to get changed. A few minutes went by and he heard her groan and then sigh. 

"Is... everything okay?" He asked her. 

"I, this is so embarrassing, but I can't get my limbs to work right." She said. "Can you help me?"

Severus pulled the curtain back and stepped in. She was tangled up in the dress and he chuckled at her. 

"It's not funny!" She laughed with him. 

"It's a little funny." He said while helping her tug down the rose colored dress. He then helped her zip it up and used his fingers to comb through her hair. 

"Oh merlin," She said as she realized something. 

"What?" Severus asked concerned. 

"My- my creatures and my plants." She said and her heart broke thinking they had been neglected for months. 

"I'm a little hurt that you would think I wouldn't take care of them for you." Severus told her. 

"Oh Sev... thank you. You must have been so stressed." She said while trying to stand up. Seeing her knees wobble, Severus was right at her side to aid her. His hand on her waist, the other holding her hand. "Are we gonna dance?"