Part 55

Before I begin, I want to say something. If this book gives you too much sorrow while reading, I request you to please stop. At this point, I understand your feelings and sorrow. Please don't torture your heart. This author loves you.

Sidharth's P.O.V. 

Walking closer to Prakash, I grabbed his neck and held his swaying body still. "You have played enough games, time's up, game's over," I said gritting my teeth. He chuckled and said, "Sid, dear brother, again you are underestimating me. I will only be out of your way the day you end my life. Without my death, I will never leave you alone. Don't you understand that?" "Time will tell, who is underestimating who," I replied and with one blow from my gun in my hand, I made him unconscious. I took out my handkerchief and was wiping his blood off my hand and leaving the room while instructing Daksh, "You remain here and keep an eye on him. You're the most capable." "But you?..." he started and I looked at him stopping, "Do you doubt me?" He shook his head and I said, "I can protect myself. Guard Prakash." I stuck a camera on the wall and left the building to head back home. Reaching back, I went straight to the dinner table where everyone were. I still wasn't sure if to reveal that I have caught Prakash since I don't know how many of his men were blending into my group. And Oscar was also present. I kept it to myself and sat down. Shehnaaz looked at me with a frown and worry. I know that she must have gotten worried about how suddenly I left. Just to relief her, I said, "Sorry Mom, I am late. There was an emergency in the office but it's sorted now." I glimpsed her and she was more relaxed. I ate with a light heart, free from a huge burden since Prakash was caught. After dinner, I was going through a plan on my laptop, sitting on the bed when Shehnaaz came out of the closet. She frowned at me silently and went to the dresser. Taking some lotion on her hands, she rubbed her elbows and hands, coming to the bed. Sitting with her back facing me, I looked and concentrated on my laptop screen. But her glimpsing at me over her shoulder again and again was too distracting. 

"Do you want to say something?" I finally asked. Instead of giving me an answer, she laid down and turned off the lights. Unable to see properly on my keyboard, I turned back on the lamps. Just as my fingers got back to work, the lights were turned off once more. I dropped my shoulders and looked at her facing away from me and hugging the blanket to her chest. It was clearly obvious that she wasn't asleep. I turned back on the light once more but she repeated her actions. Back and forth, we kept on doing this for an entire minute until I had enough and said, "If you don't mind, can you please keep on the lights? I am trying to work here." "If you don't mind, can you please turn off the lights? I am trying to sleep here," she said just as annoyed. "Since when did you fall in love with the dark? Aren't you afraid?" I asked. "Don't put this back on me. I know that you are not keeping them on for my sake," she said. "Exactly! I am trying to do some work here," I said. "What sort of choice of place is the bed to do work? You have your desk over there for working. Go and sit there," she said. "This is my room and my rules will work here. I will sit and work wherever I want," I said stubbornly. "Fine," she said gritting her teeth. She laid on the pillow and began pulling more and more of the blanket away from me. I knew that she was trying to take revenge for keeping the lights on. I held onto it strongly and with one mighty tug, I pulled it all away from her. Turning around irritated, she held a corner and pulled it back on herself. I closed down my laptop screen and turned off the lights since this bicker wasn't going to let me work. I went closer to her and from on top, just over her shoulder, I looked at her. "Excuse me, madam, if you don't mind, can I have a tiny piece of the blanket for myself as well? Or should I take out another?" I asked in a sarcastically sweet tone. "Do what you want. I am sleeping," she said. "With your eyes open?" I said and turned around but our heads collided and we both exclaimed, "Ouch!" We sat up on the bed rubbing our temples and she said, "Your head is so hard!" 

"Excuse me! Your head is harder than your heart!" I said. Her jaw dropped as she asked, "What do you mean? I am stone hearted?" "I'm glad you understood on your own," I said. I was about to get off the bed when she held back my arm and turned me around. "Where are you going?" She asked. "Why? Do you want me to remain and worsen my mood?" I asked. "No. Please go so that my mood doesn't worsen," she said. I got up and went downstairs. Dad was sitting by the pool with some beers. "Hey Dad," I said going to sit with him. Just gulping down a mouthful, he turned his eyes to me. "Sid, come, join me," he said handing me a bottle. I took it and opened it with my teeth and drank a mouthful. "Woah, son, take it easy! Husband's depression?" He asked. I looked at him and chuckled. "Husband's depression. Someone said it right, marriage is not a bed of roses," I said. "Exactly, but no matter what, we have to fulfil it," he said. "These women have so many demands!" I said. "Is there a problem?" He asked. Shaking my head, I said, "Nothing too big. Just a small squabble." "One must take the first step to solve it. You do it this time," he said. I looked at him and raised my bottle to that saying, "Cheers." We knocked the bottle and gulped down a decent amount. Raising my head, my eyes noticed a shadow in our room behind the curtains. In the person's hand was a vase, from what I made out. With a quick reaction, I dropped the bottle and raced to my room only to put on the lights and see Shehnaaz standing and panting with the vase in her hands. "What happened? Who are you attacking?" I asked trying hard to catch my breath. I looked around and saw no one as she looked at me silently. "Answer me," I said. She dropped her shoulders and sighed.