Naoto // Butterfly Effect [ 1 ]

"Detective l/n, y/n reporting for duty sir!" I said while I salute at him

"Rookie stop announcing that we're detectives." Naoto my senior said shaking his head. I'm a rookie detective and was assigned to be Tachibana, Naoto's partner.

"Yes sir!"

"Just take these files and review it. Tell me if you see anything worth investigating."

"Hai!" I take the files and was about to walk to my desk when I remembered something I took three step back.

"Do you want some coffee?" I asked peeking at him while I hug the files.

"Yes please. Black 1 sugar."

"Got it!" I said then wink at him.

He didn't react. We've been partners for three month now. I rarely see him laugh or even smile. He's always serious when it comes to our job. When I tried to invite him for a drink he just rejected me and went straight home. For our colleagues he's boring and plain but for me he's interesting.

************

We're quietly reading files when the urge to tickle him get the best of me. I slowly poke his neck and tickles him but he didn't react.

"What are you doing?" He said frowning, he's not even looking at me.

Failed.

"Ah! Nothing. There's a mosquito." I let out an awkward laugh and cleared my throat. "I found some links between the current tokyo manji gang to kisaki tetta." I said changing the topic.

"Go on."

"According to my source, Manjiro Sano is no longer part of Toman and Ken Ryuguji is in jail. He killed the remaining Toman members."

"I also gathered an information that after the fight between Vallhala and Tokyo Manji Gang. Toman lost and absorbed by Valhalla thats when Sano starts to disappear leaving Tetta as acting commander."

"It seems like he purposely removed Sano and Ryuguji from Toman so that Kisaki Tetta will be the new Toman leader and turn that gang into criminals" Naoto said rubbing his chin.

"I think so. I also suspect that he planned this before hand. I mean years before. Even before Valhalla fight." I said.

"I need to tell this to Takemichi."

"Who?" I said confused

"Nothing. Good job" he said in stoic face.

"If I did a good job can I get a high five?" I put my hand up.

"What?" He said wrinkling his brows.

"Nothing." I slowly put my hand down.

He takes the files and stands up

"Where are you going?"

"I'm going to meet someone. I'll be back."

"Can I come?"

"No."

"Please? I'll behave."

"Fine! Just promise me you'll behave."

We went to an apartment building. Naoto went ahead to meet someone and he told me to wait inside his car. It's been half an hour. I opened the small compartment and took the ring. I stare at it for a while.