xiii

[Edited]

He was like a hybrid, this mix of a man who couldn't contain himself.

➳➳➳

[Angel's POV]

To say that it was like I expected it to be would be a lie. I thought that there would be only a few people and not the whole fücking neighbourhood, there were about one hundred people in here and I was sure there were more to come.

Everyone was wearing expensive clothes and looked wealthy. The ladies were dressed with elegant long dresses, their hair was perfectly styled and the make-up on their faces made them look like goddesses. Classical music that Harry had chosen was playing in the background but you couldn't hear it very well, actually the only thing you could listen to was the murmuring of his guests and the sound of glass colliding against glass, along with the sound of laughter.

I could see Sandra from across the room serving the guests champagne and wine, always keeping that genuine smile on her face and I honestly couldn't understand how she did that. I on the other hand was standing in the dark corner of the room by myself, observing everyone, too afraid to get out of my small hole and approach them. I knew that eventually I would have to do it. I just wasn't used to having so many people around me and I guess it made me feel nervous.

Harry had taken care of everything and had made sure that his guests had everything they wanted, but he still hadn't appeared.

He went upstairs to his bedroom before the people came and hasn't come down, yet. Sandra said he wanted to make an entrance. Show off. I sighed deeply and fixed my dress carefully, making sure not to throw the tray with drinks that I was holding.

“Hey, Angelina! What are you doing here? Go serve the guests.” I heard Sandra say and I titled my head to the side to look at her annoyed expression. When did she come here? I parted my lips to speak, but she put her hand in front of me stopping me from doing so. I frowned.

“Don't talk, just go.” She said and entered the kitchen. I nodded my head and after taking a deep breath walked out of the shadows I was hiding in and made my way through the crowd. I faked a smile, trying to be as polite as I could and started offering the expensive drinks and walking around the big living room to make sure that everyone had one.

Some of guests didn't even give me a second glance when I served them and only a few of them smiled at me politely. Sandra who came out again, approached me and stood next to me.

“So, how is it going?” She asked, making me bite my lip lightly.

“It's okay, I guess. There are just so many people and that makes me feel nervous.” I confessed and she smiled at me before something else caught her attention and she glanced behind me. I looked at her confused.

“What are you looking at?” I asked.

“I think that lady over there wants a drink. I'll go back in the kitchen to help the others you go serve her.” She explained, pointing towards the direction that the woman was and walked away from me, leaving me alone again. I straightened up my posture, holding the tray securely with my one hand and then approached her confidently, forcing a smile.

“Here you go, ma'am.” I told her in a low voice and she smiled at me, showing off her white pearls before extending her hand to take the glass of champagne I was offering her.

My eyes moved to her face and I wished they hadn't. The woman was everything I was not. She was a beautiful woman and I could tell she was someone important just by the way she was standing and the way she was dressed. Her black knee length dress didn't reveal much and it looked professional and her black hair was styled in an elegant bun, making everyone's eyes focus on her icy blue eyes, which were so light that almost looked white.