THIRTY (.5)

"So when are we--" Giovanni points between him and Chinelo "Going to do what we actually want to do?" He says as they both look at me expectantly

"We're not your personal handbags or something so you can take wherever you go, you know?" Chinelo says, "And as for these--" they hold up the shopping bags that they helped us carry that's full of Paola, Justine and I's things, "I'm sure there are laws against child labor in America."

Justine giggles, "Good thing we're in Mexico, babe."

Justine, Paola, and I dragged Chinelo, and Giovanni around all day as we went from place to place. And as the kids they are, shopping doesn't actually entice them. Not even Chinelo who I was hoping would be slightly more interested.

So there we stood outside of a mall as Gio and Chinelo stood with pouts on their faces, as the look of sheer annoyance appeared to be painted on their faces. They've been irritated since we got here.

Annoyed with the rooming situations, annoyed with the fact that it's their spring break and so far they don't have any cool stories to tell their friends yet.

"Well, what do you guys want to do ?" Paola asks them looking up at me briefly before casting an annoyed gaze down at them

Trust me, we all love them dearly. But they're acting like this now? What about when they're teenagers? I don't know if I can take another 8-9 years of the constant eye rolls and mean-mugging glares they've been sending our way the whole day.

Most of the time, I wonder how they're friends because they're total opposites. Gio with his basketball hobby and Chinelo with her love of reading and history... you'd never expect them to be so close but then they act like this and I'm reminded.

"I don't know." Giovanni looks over at Chinelo and she shrugs until a smirk falls on her lips causing Paola, Justine, and I to look at each other warily. Chinelo stands on her toes a bit and whispers in Giovanni's cupping her hands around it to shield us away from seeing her lips moving.

Giovanni has a mischievous smile on his face and looks back up at us when Chinelo backs away.

"We know just the place." he grins over at her and she gives him the same expression

---------------------------------

"So this is what y'all had in mind?" Justine looks over at Gio and Chinelo, "Y'all wanted to see a damn tower with an Angel on top." she says in disbelief, "The pictures online truly weren't enough?"

Giovanni shrugs and Chinelo says, "It's not just any tower. It's one of Mexico's most popular and iconic landmarks that was built in 1910 d--"

Justine cuts her off, "Ok. Ok. I get it. Historical landmark." she puts her hands up in mock surrender

"Gio do you even know what this is," I ask him and he shrugs

"LoLo said it was cool and I like cool things." he grins as he rocks back and forth on his heels, his hair falling into his eyes before he shakes it out of the way

We were standing near the El Angel. A historical landmark in Mexico that was open to the viewing of the public and Chinelo expressed how she was eager to climb the interior staircase.

"You know some kids like to go laser tagging, bumper cart racing, a carnival." Paola starts, "But the kids we have here, like to look at historical landmarks for fun. We got glared at and felt guilty all day so they can go to a tower." Paola says to me and Justine as the kids walk ahead of us in the direction of the tower

I shrug, "It's really just Chinelo. Gio will do whatever she gets him to as long as she makes it sound interesting." I say back as we continue walking, "Gio just hates shopping so a win for her is a win for both of them."

"That's so cute!" Paola aww's at them quietly, and she was right. Somehow Giovanni and Chinelo's extremely tight and unconventional friendship although slightly annoying, was awfully sweet.

"Whatever let's just get them up this tower so I can go sleep. Thing 1 and Thing 2 just killed my buzz." Justine sighs

---------------------------------------

[A/N] A small bonus chapter ahead of the Gio and Chinelo spin-off ;) so y'all can see a bit of their dynamic