~93~

Brighid walked into the fitting room with a seamstress ready to fit the clothes.

"Exciting an athletic line. Isn't it?" The seamstress said as she pinned the Jersey to fit a little tighter.

"Yes, though I'm nervous this is my first time modeling" Brighid revealed. The girl laughed as she cuffed the shorts.

"Don't be. Although, I'd be more nervous with being pregnant. I'm guessing six weeks am I right?"

Brighid looked at the seamstress like she was crazy. Brighid was not pregnant.

"Ready on set" someone yelled. The seamstress ushered Brighid out of the room and onto the floor. She awkwardly walked up, trying hard to pose. Slowly she became more comfortable which began to reflect in the photos.

"What is this Brooke?" Victoria shouted as she walked. Brighid who was just getting comfortable completely lost it. Victoria not only killed the mood but her confidence as well. "This model is a size four not zero. The angles look wrong and don't get me started on her hair" Victoria continued.

"First off, size zero is not a size. Second, this is Brighid, my friend. I hired her as not only a model but as a celebrity endorsement. Who better than Tree Hill native" Brooke explained all excited.

"I thought we were done hiring friends the first time" Victoria snapped.

"Mom, that's not fair. She-"

"Oh yes she was different. Well now your line has a model who represents teen pregnancy. That will really send a clear message. By the way Brighid, don't trust Brooke. I caught her a month ago with your little boyfriend at her house" Victoria said before storming out. Brighid looked to Brooke to see if her mother was lying.

"We weren't doing anything" Brooke began. Brighid threw the basketball she had posing with and stormed out as well. "This is what Victoria wanted" Brooke yelled as she ran her fingers through her hair frustrated with her mom. She was being spiteful and ruining every chance of her being successful on her own.

"Brighid" Brooke yelled as she chased after her in the parking lot.

"Don't B-"

"He came to me for dress. That was it" Brooke continued ignoring Brighid.

"A dress? For what?" Brighid asked. Brooke looked like she had a secret she couldn't keep.

"A dinner. He's planning to take you on a nice dinner. Just don't tell him I told you" Brooke said, she felt as though her hands were tied in this situation.

"God, why do I let your mom get the best of me. I mean after all these years you'd think the teen pregnancy comment wouldn't hurt" Brighid said. Brooke looked at her with sad eyes.

"She knows how to throw a punch and she know how to make it hurt" Brooke said wrapping an arm around Brighid. The walked back in to finish the photoshoot.

Later that night Brighid walked into the house which had been messy this morning to find it clean. She could also smell something cooking in the kitchen.

"Jenny? Jake?" Brighid called out as she dropped her bag on the table. She slipped her shoes off and walked through the dining room to the kitchen. Jake and Jenny were cooking together.

"What's going on?" Brighid asked with a smile.

"Cooking mommy" Jenny said with a smile. Brighid looked over to find strands of spaghetti sticking to the wall and tomato sauce lined the counter.

"We are cleaning up after we eat. Promise" Jake said as he served the bowls. The three headed to the barely used dining room to eat. "So how was it?" Jake asked all excited to hear about her day.

"Good. I was nervous but I think they came out fine. Victoria ruined it though. Just had to remind me of what a failure I was in high school. As if my dad didn't do that enough back in the day"

"Grandpa Dan? Jamie said if I don't clean my room that's how you go to jail. Just like Grandpa Dan" Jenny said as she slurped up her noodles. Brighid and Jake exchanged a look with each "skills" they muttered in unison.

"Well, keeping a clean room is good but it won't send you to jail. Just don't worry about Grandpa Dan anymore okay? He's far away" Jake said trying to sooth Jenny. The three continued to eat dinner.