Chapter Twenty

"What?" Aster and Leo exclaim at the same time with wide eyes

"What if I let them take me again? Willingly, this time." I repeat and I know I must sound like I completely lost my mind and who knows maybe I did.

"And why the fuck would you do that?" Aster glowered at me and I flinched, making Leo punch his arm from where he was sitting.

"Aster." He warned and Aster took a deep breath.

"Hyacinth, darling you're not going to let them take you." Aster told me as he grabbed my face and made me face him.

"Aster." I said, pushing his hands off me, making his frown deepen. Since I met him I had never pushed his touch away, instead I was always craving it, craving him.  "Let me explain at least."

"If they have a hold of me then surely they would take me to where the auction is going to take place. At the auction they're probably all going to be there and their clients and the girls. They would all be in one place. If you guys have some kind of tracker you can put on or even in me then you could show up the day of the auction and well do your cop thing." I said and Leo's eyes widened, probably realizing that this could actually work.

Aster on the other hand...

"No." He said firmly. "I'm not giving you to them. Are you mad?"

"But this could save all those girls! You could finally catch the sick people who are doing this. You could save Stella." At my last sentence his face hardened and he looked away from me.

"Aster this could actually work, man." Leo said after a moment of silence. "And if we catch them we could trace the other clients who have other girls from previous auctions and maybe we can save them too."

"But you could get hurt." Aster said, turning to look at me again and I felt my heart soften.

"I know." I whispered. "I'm willing to take that risk if it means I could help those poor girls that have been suffering at the hands of those monsters."

"But what if I'm not? What if I don't want to send the only person other than my sister that I care about to the ones who took her from me in the first place?" He softly said and I felt a lump growing in my throat.

"I..." I didn't know what to say at the words that he uttered and I turned to stare at Leo who was intensely looking at Aster.

"I know you care about her and I know you don't want her to get hurt and I don't want that either. I don't want another girl to suffer but this might be our only chance. Our last chance." Leo told Aster.

"Fuck." Aster breathed out under his breath.

"If-if we're going to do this we need to make a solid plan. We need to do everything we can to make sure Hyacinth doesn't get hurt, okay?" Aster said after a few moments of him cursing and groaning to himself and Leo turned to me with a smile of victory that I couldn't return because we had just succeeded in convincing the man I liked to give me up to the enemies.