seven - "I finally gave up."

[ edited ]

Yeonbyul sighed tiredly as she held a document in front of the guestroom. Sunghoon was sleeping there so it would be awkward to meet him. The door opened and a girl with messy hair walked out. Her eyes widened and she barged into the room, seeing him in a robe.

"Who says you could bring a girl in?" She asked. He smirked, "Your Majesty! What brings you here?"

"I'm here to hand over a document. The King wishes for the North Kingdom to collaborate with the South. To export and import stuff."

"Well then, sit down, Your Majesty, " he motioned for her to sit on the bed. She looked at him, feeling disgusted since there was a possibility of them having sex last night and the semen was still there.

"I need to go somewhere later so help yourself out, " she said before leaving the room. She held her chest, calming her nervous heart down.

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚
┊         ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊
┊         ┊       ┊   ┊   ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
┊         ┊       ┊   ✫
┊         ┊       ✩    
┊ ⊹       ✯

Yeonbyul watched as the palace workers decorated the event hall for the ball. She turned around and saw Heeseung walked while linking arms with Haesun. She looked away and smiled at Hanseo who scurried towards her, "Your Majesty! I got some snacks!"

She knew Hanseo was trying to cheer her up. She took candy from Hanseo and ate it, savouring the sweet and sour taste.

"Hanseo, take me out of here, " Yeonbyul said softly and they both rushed out of the hall.

They kept walking until they saw Sunghoon reading silently at the pavilion. Yeonbyul walked towards him, "What are you doing?"

"I'm reading, " he showed her his book. It was a romance book that she had already read. It was one of her favourite books too. She sat next to him, surprised by her bold move.

Hanseo waited for her at the entrance of the pavilion. Sunghoon sighed, "What is bothering you?"

"I'm jealous of the concubine. I shouldn't because I have everything. Wealth, power, looks and all. But why am I jealous of the mistress? It felt like she took something away from me."

"I'm honoured that you shared this with me, Your Majesty," he smiled.

"We met before. I just feel like you are going to be a great friend of mine."

Sunghoon closed his book, "What I feel is, you are jealous that His Majesty is giving his full attention to the concubine. And you want that same type of affection too."

Yeonbyul scoffed and laughed it off, "You are quite funny, don't you think? I have been friends with the King since we were little. We're just friends."

"You can't lie, Your Majesty. I can see right through you."

"What are you guys doing?" Haesun interrupted their conversation. Yeonbyul frowned, "It's none of your business. Shouldn't you be with the King? Why are you here?"

Haesun started to back away and fiddled with her fingers, "I saw you coming here so I thought I could join you."

"No, you can't. This is between me and the crowned prince. You already have the King so go and pleasure him. No need to butt into my problems."

Sunghoon stood up, "Please, Ms Kim. Respect Her Majesty's orders. You do know she has the right to punish you if you disobey her orders."

Haesun clenched her fists frustratedly and left the pavilion. She looked back to see what Yeonbyul was doing and scoffed before going back to the event hall.

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚
┊         ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊
┊         ┊       ┊   ┊   ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
┊         ┊       ┊   ✫
┊         ┊       ✩    
┊ ⊹       ✯

Haesun walked back and forth in Heeseung's bedroom, wearing just a robe. She felt angry after being treated like shit by the Queen and the North Kingdom's crowned prince. She felt jealous seeing Yeonbyul earning everyone's attention. She knew she was a concubine but she's a noblewoman too. If the King hadn't married Yeonbyul, she could've been the Queen.

Why do people treat her like she's a slave becoming a mistress? She kept asking herself that question.

"Park Yeonbyul. How do you feel if I take over your position?" She bit her bottom lip, anger rising inside her.

The door opened, revealing a tired Heeseung. He looked at her in surprise, "You didn't tell me you're coming."

"I'm bored. I want to do something with you. Maybe we could play?" She smirked. Heeseung smiled softly, "I'm sorry, kitten. I'm too tired."

Haesun cried out of the blue, earning him by surprise. He rushed towards her and wiped her tears away, "Hey hey, what's wrong?"

"I'm stressed! Yeonbyul has been bullying me ever since I became the concubine! And you keep spending time with her! It's not fair!"

He hugged her tightly to calm her down.

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚
┊         ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊
┊         ┊       ┊   ┊   ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
┊         ┊       ┊   ✫
┊         ┊       ✩    
┊ ⊹       ✯

Yeonbyul smiled as she stirred the hot chocolate she made for Heeseung. Hanseo stared at her in awe, "You look so pretty when you're happy, Your Majesty."

"Really? Well, I thought I could try to fix my relationship with His Majesty. He must be tired from all the work. I'm going to bring this drink to him."

Yeonbyul walked to the King's chamber, followed by Hanseo and Ms Han from behind. The butler quickly rushed towards her, "Your Majesty!"

Yeonbyul greeted them confusedly, "Why are you panicking? I'm just bringing His Majesty's favourite drink."

"His Majesty is having a...guest over."

As soon as the butler said that, the door was hit with a heavy thing. It felt like someone was pinning another person against the door. Heavy breaths and moans were heard from the other side of the door. Yeonbyul handed the cup to Hanseo, letting her drink the hot chocolate.

"Your Majesty, " Ms Han tried to scurry after Yeonbyul who was walking too fast. The Queen turned around, "I need to be alone, Ms Han."

The court lady obeyed and bowed at her before leaving her. Yeonbyul went to the garden and laid on the ground, staring at the stars that were greeting her from the sky. A tear escaped her eyes and she wiped it away.

You're so stupid for crying over this stupid thing.

He already told you he loves the mistress.

She closed her eyes and fell into a deep slumber.