Chapter Nineteen

*This chapter is full of spice. You're either welcome or I'm sorry. Actually, I'm not sorry. You've been warned. To all my spice lovers... enjoy. I stayed up later than I should've to write this ;)*

Josie

Hudson is quiet most of the way back to his apartment. I assume he's doing what I spend most of my time doing—brainstorming a way to get me out of this.

I came back to Atlanta thinking I would regain everyone's trust a little faster than I have and that maybe I could finesse my way out.

But as time goes on, Trey only proves to be one step ahead of me at all times.

Hudson unlocks his apartment door and walks in front of me inside. He doesn't turn on the lights and only the city lights glowing below illuminate the entryway and kitchen, along with the pale moon.

Hudson takes his suit jacket off, along with his mask and places them on the counter. Then, he leans down and props one elbow against it.

"Stop right there." I pause about ten feet from him. "Take off your mask." I do as he says and untie the ribbon from my head, letting the red mask fall to the floor. "Now unzip your dress." I reach behind me, my heartrate beginning to pick up at his demands. "Let it fall to the floor and then step out of it." When I'm finished, his searing gaze heats me from my core throughout my entire body. I'm left in only my underwear and heels and I feel vulnerable in the best kind of way. "Take his fucking ring off your finger." I slide the diamond off. "Get on your knees, Josie."

The command makes me clench in anticipation. I place the ring beside me on the floor as I land on my knees.

The way he watches me, still casually leaning against the counter. It's hot, dark and I need more of it.

I don't say a word as he paces towards me agonizingly slow.

When he reaches me, he caresses my cheek before tilting my face up. He brushes his middle finger across my lips and I part them for him. A strangled noise comes from the back of his throat as he pushes his finger into my mouth.

"I had to watch you all night with his hands all over you." Hudson removes his finger and grips my jaw, forcing me to look up at him. "I had to watch you kiss him." His gaze drops down my body before snapping back up with a sinister smirk on his lips. "Now look at you. I bet he doesn't know his little fiancé is on her knees for me."

Lust courses through me, mixing into my bloodstream until all I am is want for him. Need for him. For us.

"What do you need to say to me, princess?"

My mind is blank, and I quickly run through everything I could possibly say to Hudson.

"I'm sorry." I whisper, figuring I'll start there.

"Sorry for what?"

"For leaving you."

"And?"

I lick my lips, trying to find my next words.

"And I'll never leave again. As long as I have a say in it."

"And?" Hudson's hand comes to grip my throat, but when I look up, all I see is vulnerability in his eyes.

I bring my hand up to his wrist, holding him against my neck as I look up at him with honesty in my voice.

"And I love you, Hudson."

He closes his eyes and exhales, relief visible on his face. Then, he squats down to get level with me and pulls me in for a rough kiss.

I match his pace and ferocity. He bites and sucks my lips and I'm just along for the ride, letting him do whatever he wants.